Director, Private Brands – Walgreens
Location: Deerfield, IL
Job Number: 003761
Why not join a company where your interests can drive our innovation?
Growth. Performance. Success. FULFILLED
There’s a way. As America’s most convenient provider of consumer goods and services, and pharmacy, health and wellness services, Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. With over 7,500 locations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, we¹re much more than your neighborhood drug store. We’re a company of e-commerce professionals, analysts, nurses, pharmacists, retail store staff and more who are focused on serving our customers as much as finding better ways to run our business. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for creating and executing both long term and short term Private Brand strategies; demonstrating a strong sense of leadership; working across divisional lines to set corporate standards on the Walgreens Private Brand proposition; and creating an end-to-end execution plan. Responsible for leading the innovation of new items as well as leading the strategy on store placement and merchandising. Responsible for tracking Private Brand results by category, analyzing those results, monitoring key competitive, consumer, and corporate performance indices and communicating any issues or opportunities to the appropriate party. Acts as direct strategic counsel to senior members of Walgreens, such as the Chief Merchandising & Marketing Officers, Divisional VPs in the Marketing and Merchandising organizations. Collaborates with GMMs to develop 2-3 year Private Brand visions. Leads all branding/packaging changes as aligned with strategy. Conducts quantitative and statistical economic analytics to identify Private Branding initiatives across categories. Collaborates with Marketing to develop 2-3 year Private Brand strategies. Establishes and ensures Private Brand standards across categories. Identifies innovative Private Brand solutions for key categories. Negotiates and implements international supplier partnerships and vendor management programs. Manage and resolve logistics and supply chain issues. Develops and mentors staff, develops employees through orientation, training establishing objectives, communication policies, constructive discipline; builds employee morale, and motivation. Ensures focus on and/or attainment of performance metrics including progress against business group strategic plans, ROI, Net Margin improvement, new product sales, days inventory on hand, departmental efficiency, 360 degree feedback, attainment of special project goals; improvement on areas development and strategic planning process cycle time improvements. Travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years experience in strategic sourcing or brand management
- Establishing Private Brand standards, and growing Private Brand profitably through innovation, marketing and store execution
- Experience in innovation, sourcing and merchandising across several different product categories
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative consumer and competitor insights to craft Private Brand solutions across categories
- Experience in private brand ideation, retail, manufacturing/sourcing, operations management, and/or supply chain
- Knowledge of advanced financial modeling and advanced marketing
- 5 years experience planning, developing, and managing expense and capital budgets
- Experience in the indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)