Specialty grocer Trader Joe’s, headquartered in Monrovia, California, announced a new Private brand promotions which challenges shoppers to “create a recipe for pie that is easy as pie” using five Trader Joe’s products. Recipe contests are a tried and true way of engaging customers and in this day of the internet, where content is king, it also generates larger quantities of content generated by Trader Joe’s Private Brand loyalists.
Here is the content from the promotional flyer.
2011 HiiP (Highly innovative ingredient Pairing) Recipe Showdown
Your mission, should you choose to accept it (why not? It includes food, fun and the potential for prizes!):
Create a recipe for pie that is easy as pie.
EASY AS PIE HiiP RECIPE GUIDELINES
- An Easy As Pie HiiP Recipe uses up to 5 Trader Joe’s products. Nothing else. Binders (i.e., salt, pepper, butter, cooking oil, etc.) do not count as ingredients.
- And just to be fair to all of our chefs under the age of 21, the use of alcohol is not allowed in Easy As Pie HiiP Recipes.
- Easy As Pie HiiP Recipes must take 20 minutes or less for preparation; the actual cooking can take longer.
HOW TO ENTER
- In an e-mail, list ingredients and explain cooking steps as concisely as possible.
- Include your name and preferred method of contact (in case your Easy As Pie Recipe is selected).
- Send to email@example.com by April 1, 2011.
REWARDS, REWARDS, REWARDS!
- Pie Recipes will be evaluated first by the Trader Joe’s Recipe Review Panel. Pies will be judged on how highly innovative the ingredient pairings are (HiiPness); how “easy as pie” the recipe is; and, naturally, how yummy it is.
- 5 Easy As Pie HiiP Recipes will be selected for further judging by the Trader Joe’s community (to be announced in our May eNewsletter), who will vote on 3 winning Easy As Pie Pies.
- Aside from the honor of having your culinary art recognized on our website for millions of Trader Joe’s community members to enjoy, the creators of the 3 selected recipes will each receive a Trader Joe’s Gift Card in the amount of $25 dollars + one of our hip reusable bags + a super special surprise (something unique to Trader Joe’s… Curious? Submit a recipe and give it your all!)