Associate Private Label Manager: W.W. Grainger Inc
Lake Forest, Illinois 60045
Ref Code: 50374832E
At Grainger, the leading North American industrial distributor of products used by businesses to maintain, repair, and operate their facilities, you too can make an impact upon the future of our organization.
Grainger employees experience a unique working environment and the stability of an established industry leader combined with interesting opportunities to learn, grow, and make a difference for our customers.
At Grainger, we take pride in offering a benefits package that is among the best around. Just as our business strives to meet the changing needs of our customers, our benefits are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger’s employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you’ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine’s Most Admired Companies list.
Associate Private Label Manager
Under the direction of the Product Strategy Manager, participates in developing, executing, and refining strategic Go To Market plans in support of key Private Label brands. Manages marketing programs for key Private Label brands to drive awareness and sales growth. Responsible for the successful completion of assigned objectives within established time and budget constraints.
- Develop, manage, and refine marketing strategies for assigned private label brands based on knowledge of Grainger and Product Management objectives, market characteristics, and other key factors.
- Is the primary point of contact for all Product Management and cross-functional resources in the execution of private label marketing programs. Develop go-to market strategies for private label brands Collaborate on initiatives led by Marketing/other divisions.
- Apply project management techniques across a variety of discrete projects or tactics within larger/ more complex plans to deliver timely and effective results. Measure the effectiveness of all marketing strategies and provide recommendations.
- Identify potential financial/other impacts and risks related to new marketing approaches, product introductions, and other initiatives.
- Monitor industry and competitive landscape. Analyze internal data such as sales, sourcing, pricing. Identify patterns and market trends to help refine product strategies.
- Manage plan budgets, cross-functional resources and timelines.
- Manage other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 3-5 years experience in marketing, program management, or consulting. Previous business-to-business experience a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and executing marketing strategy across a broad set of capabilities including direct marketing, promotion and positioning, brand and channel management.
- Experience with customer research, competitive analysis, strategy formulation, setting financial targets and evaluating results.
- A solid leader with strong cross-functional orientation. Effectively manages change and influences others to achieve desired results.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, stand-up presentation.
- Position based out of Lake Forest, IL.
- Travel requirements expected to be 10-20% to field, trade shows supplier locations.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications and SAP.
- Participate in developing comprehensive private label marketing plans that focus resources from internal and external constituents. Help to ensure integration with overall GIS Marketing plans.
- Help drive revenues of $300M+ by developing go-to-market campaigns Private Label products
- Drive share growth in key industry segments by leveraging current marketing plans and modifying them as necessary for those industries.