Marketing Manager Private Label Products (CPG Manufacturer)
Located in Midwest- Western Michigan (Not Detroit!)
Our client is a leading manufacturer and marketer of private label consumer packaged goods products. They are experiencing tremendous growth and expansion across all their business and product categories. They offer exciting career growth pleasant work environment and a satisfying work/life balance.
- Achieve budgeted sales and profit objectives for assigned product lines.
- Develop and manage the new products process from inception through marketplace seating.
- Lead the prioritization, facilitation and the execution of projects within cross-functional teams such as R&D, Operations, Finance, Creative Services and Sales teams according to product development needs.
- Develop all the marketing strategies and tactical supporting activities for the assigned private label product lines to include: new product development, pricing, trademarks, label copy, packaging graphics, sales presentations, sell sheets web initiatives and consumer promotions.
- Develop and assume responsibility within a timely manner for customer specific projects within the product categories as identified by the sales organization.
- Develop supporting marketing elements such as corporate trade advertising, tradeshows and website.
- Initiate retailer, consumer, and market trend analysis to better understand consumer and marketplace opportunities. Utilize this analysis to optimize the commercialization of new product opportunities.
- Manage packaging, web initiatives, consumer promotions, trade advertising and sales collateral materials.
- Manage internal and external resources, as necessary, to execute projects.
- Minimum of 4-7 years of related experience in consumer packaged goods marketing with a consistent track record of success primarily in private label and some branded marketing initiatives.
- Strong product development background with a proven track record of bringing new products to market.
- Experience with formal new product processes coupled with a hands-on, fast-paced entrepreneurial business environment.
- Knowledge of marketing research (quantitative and qualitative methodologies),to include: identifying consumer insights, data analysis, and the ability to take insights/concept to market.
- Solid financial analysis and budgeting/control experience.
- Experience with retailers in a variety of channels including food, drug, mass merchandisers, and club stores.
- Experience in assessing risk associated with intellectual properties.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal, and communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and ability to learn internal system programs.
- Demonstrates leadership and accountability traits.
- Willingness to roll-up one’s sleeves in a hands-on approach.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College/University, (MBA added plus).
Compensation: Competitive package to include base salary plus bonus.
Benefits: Full package to include major medical and life. Opportunity to participate in 401 K with company match.
Relocation: Package provided.
****Resumes should be submitted in a MS Word format.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org