Overview of Position: Responsible for directing the Marketing Strategy team within the Private Brand function, a $4.5B enterprise. Leads the development of all brand campaigns, and overseas media planning and market research efforts. Reports to the SVP, Marketing.
- Drive Marketing team’s campaign planning process as they develop three-dimensional marketing strategies for all brands; includes brand identity & positioning, national advertising, public relations, special events, packaging, in-store presentation, and internal communications.
- Spearhead special projects and partnerships with third parties to enhance strategies for “big ideas,” including cross-FOB initiatives and new brand launches.
- Supervise execution of all brand collateral, including in-store signage, packaging, direct mail and magazine advertising, and internal communications tools.
Media Planning & Consumer Insights:
- Manage relationship with Macy’s media agency to determine optimal media mix for each brand, and establish appropriate methodology for measuring media effectiveness.
- Determine market research needs, including optimization of Macy’s Dunnhumby/Shop Analysis database; implement research studies in partnership with product team, and synthesize results to inform future marketing strategies.
- Serve as primary liaison between Marketing and senior management of Macy’s Private Brands, Macy’s Inc. and Macys.com.
- Collaborate with SVPs across all business categories (RTW, Men’s, Kids, Center Core, Home) to identify emerging business opportunities and develop compelling, innovative launch strategies.
- Partner with VPs of Creative, Production, Visual Merchandising and Communications to ensure that Marketing team is collaborating effectively and meeting time and action goals.
- Manage the professional development of all members of the 7-10 person Marketing Strategy team; conduct regular touch base meetings with direct reports.
- Set goals and negotiate contracts with outside consultants, including PR agencies and market research firms.
- Manage $25MM annual marketing budget that aligns with sales plans and business opportunities; ensure that Marketing team adheres to budget and identifies cost savings.
- Lead development of $65MM co-operative marketing budget in partnership with VP, Marketing Finance and Macy’s Inc. Marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA a plus.
- 10+ years experience in marketing, advertising, retail and/or fashion.
- Innovative marketer who takes calculated risks and demonstrates results.
- Dynamic leader with ability to motivate & develop a team, communicate effectively & persuasively with others, and establish credibility with senior management.
- Strong analytical & organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; familiarity with FileMaker and Lotus Notes.