Requisition Number: 11-0051
Post Date: 2/7/2011
The position is responsible for enhancing the marketing expertise and strategic thought leadership of the Daymon marketing team. The role will be to identify opportunities for growth and then to marshal consumer and industry insights to provide best-in-class strategy, branding, innovation, product development, advertising, and public relations recommendations that lead to measurable increases in Own Brand market share. The candidate will lead and develop a team of associates across marketing, innovation, product development, and package design coordination.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Market Research: Lead efforts to identify customer segments, consumer behavior, product demand, sales approaches, service needs, and the competitive landscape. Develop compelling packaging and competitive positioning to address findings in the market research.
- Annual/long-term marketing planning: Identify opportunities for growth and enhance the strategic value of the current Own Brand marketing plan across product categories by incorporating industry trends, competitive dynamics, and consumer insights while being consistent with the customer’s overall marketing strategy. Include clear measurements and metrics to measure progress and ROI.
- Management/leadership: Develop and manage a high performance marketing and product development team.
- Internal Relationship Building: Build relationships within the Daymon organization, both across account teams and with the Stamford Resource Center, to bring well researched and cutting-edge insights to the customer.
- External Relationship Building: Develop customer and supplier partner relationships through customer focus, interpersonal savvy, creativity, persistence, drive for results, and ability to influence and persuade.
- 5-10 year successful track record in consumer packaged goods industry.
- Retail sales experience a must; product development experience a plus.
- Opportunity spotter, idea generator, concept creator and revenue maker.
- Experience developing and executing innovative, comprehensive, and industry-leading strategic plans, both annual and long term, as well as tactical marketing and promotion plans that increase overall share and profitability. Understanding of P&L, pricing strategy, and return on investment techniques is important.
- Ability to build strong relationships both within and outside our organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, dynamic presentation skills, as well as conflict resolution, problem-solving, and negotiating expertise. Ability to influence without direct managerial control.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong credibility and product understanding. Ability to speak knowledgeably about products, philosophy, process, and rationale.
- Analytical skills are imperative to succeed. Candidates must operate with a disciplined approach to decision making and goal setting. This should incorporate the ability to assess market dynamics, business plans, market research, competitors’ strategies & tactics, and other data and financial information. Solid understanding of analytical tools including syndicated data reports (IRI, AC Nielsen), Spectra, Simmons, and internal Daymon reporting tools.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated accomplishments in developing and launching new products in a retail environment utilizing retailer tools including weekly ad flier, in store signage programs, point of purchase displays, merchandise plans (planograms, center aisle display plans), digital media, incentive contest development/execution, etc.
- Must be high energy, detail-oriented, organized self-starter willing to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Knowledge of global marketplace.
- Comfortable with and interested in internet marketing opportunities to build and enhance the brand.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of private label industry preferred.
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Command Skills
- Developing Direct Reports
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
- Political Savvy
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic Agility
- Oral and Written Communications
Senior Marketing Manager
Requisition Number: 11-0050
Post Date: 2/7/2011
The Senior Marketing Manager will lead and develop marketing strategy and program initiatives to position Daymon Worldwide as the brand building expert in the Private Brand marketplace. This is a leadership position for a tenured marketer capable of establishing and developing effective customer relationships at the most senior level of an organization. He/she will work collaboratively across teams to develop consumer centric solutions that help generate incremental revenue and representation at our customers on a global basis.
- Lead and develop marketing strategy and program initiatives to position Daymon Worldwide as the brand building expert in the Private Brand marketplace
- Work with the U.S. and International Marketing Directors and Officers in the development and execution of proprietary brand strategies and programs that build our customer’s business
- Analyze market research and trends that impact the marketing strategy and develop actionable insights relevant to our customer’s business
- Prepare and present to retail and supplier partners around the world at the most senior level
- Works closely with Global Analytical and Insight Network (GAIN) team to collaborate on research driven branding programs
- Participates in strategic ideation sessions, stimulates cross-departmental collaboration and leads long term strategic thinking
- Identifies and presents recommendations for organic growth of customer portfolio
- Works closely in collaboration across internal and external teams to develop consumer centric solutions that help generate incremental revenue and representation at our customers on a global basis
- Conduct market audits and diagnostics in the field
- Bachelors degree, MBA strongly preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in Marketing with leading CPG company or Consulting or Branding Agency;
- Very strong leadership, relationship building and project management skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task across multiple projects and customers
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and deliver results
- Exceptional oral, written and presentation skills with the capability to present to the top executive levels of any organization
- Passionate about Marketing, self-confident and high energy
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to inspire others
- Proven ability to manage and develop direct reports
- Have a global perspective and experience in / interest in international marketing
- Very strong strategic agility and proven ability to develop brands from inception as well as viable and relevant brand strategy
- Ability to be able to influence without authority and deal with ambiguity
- Self-starter, bias to action and ability to drive initiative with little supervision
- Highly proficient user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Office and Excel
- Ability to travel a minimum of 40% and up to 60% internationally
- Influencing without Authority
- Strong leadership skills
- Customer understanding and focus
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal savvy
- Priority setting and managing multiple tasks
- Managing & measuring work
- Ability to Capitalize on Change
- Strategic & Analytical Ability and Agility
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Accountability & Self Confidence
- Technical Marketing and Industry Expertise
- Sense of Urgency & Follow Through
- Relationship Building
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills