Responsible for the creative development of Kohl’s private,licensed, and seasonal brand packaging programs. The Manager of Packaging Design will act as a key liaison between Product Development and Marketing on the development and management of all new and updated brand programs. This position will lead a creative team, working closely with the Director of Packaging, to ensure all private,licensed, and seasonal brand packaging is designed to meet all strategic and marketing brand objectives ensuring brand programs are competitive with boutique, specialty store, and national brand benchmarks.
Build and maintain business partnerships:
- Work directly with the Director of Packaging to create private, licensed and seasonal brand packaging with focus on designing to strategically elevate the brands in order to compete with retail boutique, specialty store, and national brand benchmarks.
- Focus on building relationships between Packaging team and extended production teams (PM,Seperators,Copy Editing, Copy Proofing) with goal of managing partnerships, mentoring teams, defining communications, of all technical aspects of the production process and procedures.
- Manage effective communication of private, licensed, and seasonal brand vision amongst all internal clients (PD, Merchant teams, Marketing teams) with focus on partnership in order to service all brand packaging objectives.
- Build partnerships with internal and external talent (photographers, copywriters, illustrators, and production support) to ensure consistent brand vision.
maintain packaging design and production processes and procedures
- Facilitate daily design and production procedures, including scheduling, time and action plans, staffing requirements, layout reviews, internal proofing, and final project approvals.
- Coordinate and manage to internal and external packaging department Design and Production processes and procedures for all areas of Home and Fashion packaging.
- Work with Director of Packaging to ensure consistency of all private, licensed, and seasonal brand packaging.
- Manage communication and brand vision with packaging vendors & manufactors establishing all design and production requirements, standards, timing and action, and approval process.
Research and define packaging trends:
- Build team and individual awareness of competitive marketplace and packaging design trends through research elevating Private, licensed, and Seasonal brands to strategic benchmark levels.
- Partner with manager of Color & Trend to establish competitive brand standards and positioning with focus on all packaging brand objectives (materials, pricing, positioning, brand differentiation)
- Work with Director of Packaging on approvals of all private, licensed, and national brand standards and positioning (materials, pricing, brand positioning)
- Set and communicate trend vision and standards for team on all private, licensed, and national brand packaging
- Manages Associates, systems, and projects to achieve business goals within existing policies and procedures
- Prepares and analyzes business plans and reports for upper management
- Exhibits influence and expertise to remove obstacles and achieve results through others
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common purpose, setting clear objectives, promoting teamwork, recognizing success, and encouraging open communication
- Develops Associates through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing development plans
- 3-5 years of talent management role.
- Experience in Cross Company communication and culture.
- Experience in team building.
- BFA in Design or Packaging Design
- A minimum of 5 years design or package design experience.
- Working knowledge of up-to-date design programs (InDesign, Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop).
Apply Via Email: email@example.com
Web-Based Applications: Apply Through Our Web Site
Submission Details: Please include portfolio samples with your application