Location: US-CA-Los Angeles
Job Type: Purchasing – Procurement, Marketing, Retail
Base Pay: N/A
Req’d Education 4 Year Degree
Employee Type: Full-Time
Req’d Experience: At least 4 year(s)
Req’d Travel: Negligible
Manages Others: True
Relocation Covered: False
Nutrition Express sells over 5,000 nutrition products typically sold in health and natural food stores at everyday discount prices. Products include all the top national brands as well as several hundred of our own private label branded products. The Private Brand Product Manager will develop nutritional products, primarily vitamin and mineral dietary supplements and food concentrates for the proprietary, private label brand of the leading retailer in the south bay, Lindberg Nutrition. A substantial part of our business is also conducted through mail order via a 130 page color catalog and web site www.nutritionexpress.com
- Manage and coordinate, upon consultation with company management, all aspects of new product development. Using input from management, consultants, vendors, customers and market analysis, create and develop new products, including product labeling and marketing strategies to generate new/continuing sales growth.
- Coordinate with management and contract manufacturers for products made and packaged to company specifications, on time, within gross margin parameters.
- Coordinate with management and contract manufactures to manage, create, and produce labels for products that are ordered.
- Recommend to management trademarkable product and product feature/benefit, names/phrases. Comprehensively search and file for all intellectual property registrations. Manage all existing intellectual property and submitted applications. Procure and coordinate proper usage of licensed intellectual property for branded ingredients.
- Source new and more cost-effective raw materials and packaging components.
- Negotiate pricing and product lead times with new and existing vendors.
- Bid out custom formulas with various contract manufacturers.
- Establish relationships with new vendors. Draft purchase contracts and request appropriate documentation.
- Foster strong business relationships with existing contract manufacturers, distributors, and direct suppliers. Job Requirements
Marketing and Sales Management:
- Analyze and define specific target consumers for private brand products and categories.
- Coordinate with management to develop and maintain effective tools to enhance product sales including researching, copywriting, and editing of product literature.
General Experience Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree (nutrition or life sciences helpful) with minimum four (4) years consumer packaged goods development experience.
- Write reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from other company employees, vendors and customers, and to effectively communicate in all formats.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of the MS Office Suite of applications, specifically Outlook, Word & Excel.
Local candidates only
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer an enjoyable work environment; company contributed 401k plan, as well as medical and vacation benefits.