This is my second post this week that owes its existence to one of my favorite blogs Fresh & Easy Buzz. Occasional the F&E Buzz strays from its focus on Tesco’s Fresh & Easy to other retailers, this week their gaze shifted to Walmart’s premium fresh brand Marketside. The brand continues to evolve and grow giving Walmart shoppers a real reason beyond price to choose Walmart over the other guy.
Recently launched items include:
- Marketside Mushroom And Cheese Half-Moons and Grilled Chicken and Spinach Ravioli.
- Marketside Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Marketside Classic Smooth Guacamole. This SKU is a larger version (2/7oz Trays instead of pouches)
- Marketside Artisan Petite Cranberry Walnut Loaf. This new specialty bread is one of a number of new varieties Walmart is launching to go with its existing “Marketside” bread, roll and baked goods lines.
- Marketside Roasted Garlic Hummus. The variety is one flavor in the multi-SKU new line of “Marketside” packaged, fresh-refrigerated hummus.
2011 should be a big year for Walmart and their Private Brand Marketside with new launches expected in the first quarter.