Senior Manager, Private Label Brands (Sports Management/Finance)
Company: Sports Retail Firm
Location: Portland, Oregon
- Develops 1, 3 and 5 year business plans for Private Label Brands in conjunction with corporate objectives and initiatives, partnering with Buying, Global Sourcing/Product Development and Marketing.
- Responsible for the development and effective execution of the brand strategic plan.
- Identify areas of opportunity through internal analysis of the brand, market research and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Work in partnership with Global Sourcing/Product Development, Brand Development and Buying to develop proper packaging, sufficient quantity and quality and display of private label products.
- Develop a strategic understanding of competitive trends and competitor brands and marketing.
- Leads strategic brand expansion through the addition of new brands and elimination of brands while overseeing the category and product lines under the brands.
- Shepherds the development of synergistic strategies across all Private Label Brand categories to ensure integrity is maintained.
- Partners with Global Sourcing, Buying and Marketing to develop Private Label Brand Guides for approval by management. Brand Guides are developed from “who is the Customer” to internal brand guides at the product level.
- Develops brand strategy based on: market assessment, consumer research, competitive landscape, and marketplace trends.
- Develops new and updated brand structure for brand strategy, brand platform, visual identity, vision, mission statements, clearly defined corporate values and brand personality, as well as positioning framework.
- Works with merchants and Marketing to develop and execute branding, positioning and messaging strategies consistent with the brand’s positioning.
- Works with Marketing to leverage consumer insights from internal and external sources to ensure the direction of the brand is based on consumer/category trends.
- Stays up-to-date on current market trends and competitive developments in order to continually enhance the Private Label product line.
- Works closely with Product Development, Global Production, Merchandising, Marketing, and Store Operations.
- Develops methods for trademark protection of all Private Label brands and product names.
- Works with Global Sourcing management, Legal Dept. and Product Development Specialist to avoid patent and trademark infringements. Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of related work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required.
- Innovation and vision in the area of Product Management/Product Development
- Ability to work flexible hours such as evening, weekends, and holidays as necessary.