TAKE THE LEAD AS AN OWNED BRANDS SENIOR MANAGER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: consumer goods, merchandising, brand equity, private labels, marketing manager, brand manager
About This Opportunity
Help shape one of the world’s strongest brands. Develop innovative, eye-catching campaigns that increase brand awareness, solidify guest loyalty and, ultimately, drive sales. You’ll partner with internal and external teams to deliver on our Expect More. Pay Less. brand promise.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Owned Brands Senior Manager, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Work to understand or initiate owned brand specific guest immersion research, partner with guest insights on the objective and actual execution. Leverage guest insight work to create and optimize Brand Principle documents to guide brand expression throughout the organization.
- Partner with Product Design & Development and Category Marketing to translate relevant guest insight results into actual design aesthetics, product assortment and guest facing marketing communication.
- Partner with Merchants to understand business objectives and strategies, including financial plans (sales, gross margin, contribution). All owned brand initiatives must support Merchant plans and seek to grow profitable owned brand sales.
- Make final decisions made on product, pricing, promotion and presentation expression of owned brands, following Brand Principles already in place.
- Build and manage specific long range owned brand financial plans, partner with Merchants, PD&D, Marketing, Guest Insights on optimization and implementation.
- Act as consult for overall Brand portfolio within your pyramid, including all brand types, to ensure entire brand portfolio is optimized to drive sales and profit.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to Five years of previous Target Merchandising or CPG experience, and broad business acumen
- Proven ability to manage and lead multiple projects with moderate and occasional supervision
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to partner and manage multiple internal and external partners and resources
- Demonstrated leadership skills to set a vision, engage and influence others, and get desired results
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate across many levels of management and external partners
- MBA with focus in Brand Management or Marketing preferred
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education.
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Brand Manager, Branding, Equity, Finance, Management, Manager, Marketing, Marketing Manager, MBA, Merchandising, Research, Retail, Senior Brand Manager
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Wegmans Launches Organic Greek Yogurt – Aug 31, 2014
- PB CAREERS: Amazon, Product Manager, Consumables Private Label – Aug 31, 2014
- Schoolboy Redesigns Waitrose Private Brand – Aug 28, 2014