Responsible for championing the categories assigned, working to develop and drive preference with our customers. Lead strategic thinking, brand building and the translation of the brand strategy across packaging, marketing and merchandising tactics. Partner with cross-functional teams in the development of our long-term portfolio strategies of important key categories through vision planning. Provide input into product innovation, as part of category vision as well as brand guardianship. Manage the execution of marketing initiatives within the categories they own as well as Associate Communications, in line with the overall Corporate Brand marketing plan. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Participate in brand-building processes, ensuring Corporate Brand Team’s efforts are aligned with brand strategy by championing brand strategy and brand building efforts for assigned brands.
- Ensure brand strategy is translated into packaging, marketing and merchandising tactics, working collaboratively with Sales & Sourcing, Manager of Integrated Marketing as well as Manufacturing, Merchandising, Enterprise advertising, ad management team and outside agency partners as necessary
- Translate consumer test feedback into actionable direction to enhance the consumer centricity of the channel deliverable
- Manage the execution of marketing tactics, ensuring Corporate Brand team’s efforts are aligned with our goals and objectives for the given year by aligning brand strategy with marketing execution, partnering with cross-functional team to ensure alignment as to execution strategy, and working with outside agency partners to ensure execution is on-strategy.
- Manage internal communications, including KTV (Kroger TV, an associate training system), IBN; in-store broadcast network and FYI (For Your Information, an internal news letter).
- Participate in the development of long-term vision, business planning and strategies for key categories, working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders.
- Drive Corporate Brand growth (sales, volume, profits) by applying knowledge of competitive set, consumer trends and business needs, both short and long term.
- Identification of the target consumers, understanding their needs and the development of an overarching category strategy, driving our key corporate brand strategies across the portfolio.
- Identify need for new brand(s) and/or offerings, given customer needs and business opportunities.
- Participate in applying consumer/customer/shopper insights for key brands and categories to ensure insight is meaningful, validated and holistically grounded
- Work with dunnhumby partners to ensure our customer behavior data is applied for the most powerful result
- Fiscal management of marketing and brand budgets by ensuring internal and external expenditures are accounted for and on-track based on budgeted numbers.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Senior Brand Manager, ensuring strategy and projects are on track, gaining support and guidance
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Consumer Package Goods, retailer or manufacturer experience
- Brand building, marketing and brand management experience/exposure
- Consumer targeting and equity development exposure
- Ability to travel independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Marketing
- 1-3 years experience in Brand/Marketing Management
- Retail experience
- Master’s degree