The Brand Manager will lead brand strategy and key initiatives within the customer’s organization as well as coordinate with all four regions in the development and implementation of targeted private brand marketing and brand plans and tactics. They will also be the champion to ensure customer awareness of Daymon Brand capabilities. The brand manager is responsible for ensuring brand alignment with the private brand strategy as determined by top management and translating this into the long-term brand plan and developing and executing short-term marketing plans to achieve sales, penetration, product development, brand extension, and brand equity objectives.
General Position Requirements:
Candidates should possess a minimum of 8 years of relevant marketing, brand (preferred) and/or sales experience within a retail grocery/mass or wholesale distribution channel or within a marketing or brand function at a leading consumer products or private label manufacturer. This experience should have been dedicated to product and brand and/or channel management activities including store-level work with a retailer, manufacturer, or broker. Specific experience in the HBC, non-food or general merchandise channels is highly desirable. The likely candidate will possess a combination of characteristics including strong strategic planning skills, decisiveness, results-oriented, high level of accuracy/attention to detail, exceptional follow up, strong interpersonal skills, and creative thinking abilities. MBA and key account knowledge or experience is a plus but not a prerequisite.
Lead and manage the private brand development and marketing activities at the customer level including short and long term branding and program planning, consumer research and analysis , strategic and tactical planning, and measurement of private brand results.
Facilitate cross operating unit communication, collaboration, and sharing of key learnings and results. Able to work on-site within the Customer’s office developing effective business relationships and navigating through roadblocks.
The ideal candidate is a self starter and strong communicator who can develop, lead and manage strategic integrated marketing plans across multiple functional areas including Marketing, Merchandising, and Operations. Coordinate with all Daymon resources as needed and develop systems and/or services that will lead to increased sales performance.
The role of the Brand Manager is intended to address the following:
- Manage and implement brand strategy ensuring alignment with the retailer’s private brand program overall objectives and long-term vision.
- Develop and implement the long-term and annual marketing objectives, strategies, and plans. Responsible for setting brand budget, sales, penetration, and brand equity objectives.
- Elevate focus on private brands internally at customer.
- Provide our customer team plans and action steps in all areas of the marketing, merchandising, promotion and media mix.
- Determine opportunities for growth and necessary marketing and branding strategies and tactics
- Leverage Business Solutions group, marketing research, strategic planning and the category management team to implement an annual business plan development process.
- Work closely with Marketing leadership in determining opportunity areas, levels of support needed by customer, resource utilization, and best in class brand strategies, tools and tactics utilization and alignment.
- Enhance the marketing capabilities of our customer team through the development and implementation of targeted marketing plans and action steps in all areas of marketing, merchandising, promotion and media mix.
- Develop successful metrics (sales, margin, penetration, etc.), consumer insights, creative strategies and briefs, and monitoring of results.
- Key liaison with senior and mid-management customer team members and leaders
- Establish and build relationships through consistent interaction, demonstrate ability to influence and persuade to achieve team goals.
- Must foster sharing and learning through out operating units.
- RELOCATION BENEFITS ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
- PREFERRED CANDIDATE HAS STRONG RETAIL, GROCERY OR CPG EXPERIENCE. EXPERIENCE IN HBC, GENERAL MERCHANDISE A PLUS
- Experience developing and executing long term & annual strategic plans as well as tactical marketing and promotion plans that increase overall share and profitability.
- Understanding of P&L, pricing strategy, and return on investment techniques is important.
- Analytical skills are imperative to succeed.
- Candidates must operate with a disciplined approach to decision making and goal setting. This should incorporate the ability to assess market dynamics, business plans, market research, competitors’ strategies & tactics, and other data and financial information.
- Solid understanding of analytical tools including syndicated data reports (IRI, AC Nielsen), Spectra, Simmons, etc.
- Ideal candidates will have demonstrated accomplishments in developing and launching new products in a retail environment utilizing retailer tools including weekly ad flier, in store signage programs, point of purchase displays, merchandise plans (planograms, center aisle display plans), and incentive contest development/execution.
- The position requires effective sales and communication skills in working closely with the Daymon business team and Customer departments including Merchandising, Operations, Marketing, Advertising, Promotions, and Finance.
- This experience should include comprehensive understanding of category management techniques, handling presentations to a variety of people across multiple levels in the organization, and providing integral support to the Daymon business management team.
- The candidate must have a solid understanding of, and be able to interface among, all departments in the customer and work effectively with minimal supervision and support staff.
- Strong writing skills and polished presentation experience with senior level managers (VP & above) are essential.
- A proven problem solver who anticipates and addresses business issues is important.
- Demonstrate not only brand and marketing competence but also be able to contribute in general business management situations.
- Candidate should be entrepreneurial in nature and assertive in personality, exhibit a high level of polish, and demonstrate the ability to remain cool under pressure.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves work style will be most successful in ensuring the continued motivation and sense of teamwork with colleagues and other departments.
- A results-oriented perspective is integral to the success of this candidate.
- Influencing without Authority
- Strong leadership skills
- Customer understanding and focus
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal savvy
- Priority setting and managing multiple tasks
- Managing & measuring work
- Ability to Capitalize on Change
- Strategic & Analytical Ability and Agility
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Accountability & Self Confidence
- Technical Marketing and Industry Expertise
- Sense of Urgency & Follow Through
- Relationship Building
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
- Hybrid – strategic marketer with the ability to work at a very detailed/execution level with merchandising, store operations.