Job ID: 309077
Creates original graphic designs, illustrations, drawings and/or patterns for assigned lines. Manages the textile/graphic design process for Retail and Direct (as assigned) to ensure the interpretation of design direction meets the desired concept, as well as the Product Development seasonal timetable, and that designs are executed as planned in the manufacturing of initial and production samples.
- Integrates hand and computer skills to create and prepare original textile/graphic designs, illustrations, prints and/or patterns exclusive to the Company for assigned brands.
- Researches new trends and textile/graphic patterns and recommends textile/graphic design direction to Product Designers each season.
- Researches, develops, and recommends color combination’s and accent colors to Product Designers each season and reviews pattern, color, repeat and line quality execution for assigned area using strike-off approval process or 3D application.
- Prepares presentations for review of seasonal product textile/graphic design concepts and pattern work, including illustrations or sketches of textile/graphic design.
- Develops and recommends pattern flow by merchandise delivery for assigned area.
- Provides technical expertise on ability to execute various types of textile/graphic design on various fabrications and materials. Uses newly developing art techniques and design technology to enhance skills and abilities in creating original, saleable, textile/graphic designs.
- Creates presentation boards for seasonal meeting and addresses specific art related issues as needed.
- Works with Managing Textile/Graphic Designer, Design Director, and Trend Directors/Managers to create and drive “on target” textile/graphic designs, and to ensure timely work-flow on creative jobs
- Works with product Designers and Assistants, Product Development Managers and Assistants, and Technical Designers to implement design concepts consistent with appropriate branding strategies. Works with Archroma US color team.
- Works with Sourcing Managers on textile/graphic design parameters and execution.
- Coordinates with other Textile/Graphic Designers and external textile/graphic design systems users to increase knowledge of textile/graphic design system techniques. Works with Systems Manager and Systems Coordinator to resolve technical issues and to analyze/anticipate future needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Education: Four-year art degree or equivalent business experience.
Experience: Four to five years experience in the textile graphic design industry, creating more fashionable/complex patterns and textile/graphic designs requiring seasonal updates and high design capabilities, both artistically and with computer.
Core Competencies: Advanced use of the most current graphic design software and hardware. Strong communication, time management, and organization skills. Knowledgeable of trend right applications and screen methods. A strong knowledge of materials, fabrics and related manufacturing processes. Strong creative, artistic and aesthetic skills, and ability to integrate those with product needs. Strong sketching and trending ability, a plus. Has the ability to manage several projects at the same time. Able to work collaboratively and as a team member. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ensure creativity of original designs incorporating fashion trend information.
- Maximum utilization of CAD equipment and personnel to support all private brand product development.
- To work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Graphic concepts and strategies for assigned areas.
- Productivity improvements.
- New technology uses.
- Pattern flow by delivery for assigned area.
- Regulate and manage work-flow.
- Sales analysis approach for assigned area.
- Hardware/software training.
- Color combination’s and “accent” palette for assigned areas.