You may not recognize the corporate name, but you’ve probably been in one of their stores. Bon-Ton operates department stores under various names in 23 states.
PRIVATE BRANDS / DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT WANTED
Creative Product Development Drivers Wanted!
Come to the right place as the Director of Product Development for our soft home private label business. You’ll find our Product Development team to be different. We’re a new and innovative team. We’re not bogged down by major process and layers of approvals. We’re nimble, creative and quick to strike on an opportunity. And, we’re highly engaged in the overall business as we team very closely with the Buyers and Planners to understand the larger strategy and make an impact. You won’t find silos and massive egos here, but you will find down-to-earth professionals who work hard and strive to making a difference.
At Bon-Ton, we understand that everyone is different. We each have different interests. Different skills. Different dreams. Different ideas. Bon-Ton provides a culture in which those differences are maximized and turned into creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit which drive success.
…BUT JUST RIGHT
We’re one of the few, true regional department stores large enough to provide you with all the training and resources needed to thrive but also small enough to be flexible and responsive to your ideas and the needs of our customers. In today’s retail world of consolidation and big business, this is a place where a merchant can still be a merchant, small ideas become big, and drivers are recognized and rewarded. Many would say, we’re not too big, not too small, but just right.
As a Director of Product or a Product Manager you will:
- Provide leadership to develop Private Brand seasonal lines
- Analyze the market to forecast trends and provide strategic direction
- Manage your category of business to deliver sales and margin results
- Lead the planning, sign-off, development and execution of an individual Private Brand program
- Have personal responsibility for the line work on at least one classification within the brand
- Manage and direct the product development process from concept through sourcing, costing, production and delivery to achieve results
- Develop and promote a strong team of Associate and Assistant Product Managers.
We need someone with:
- 5+ years experience with soft home product lines (basic textiles, bedding, bath shop, linens, etc)
- A full understanding of department store product development cycle as it relates to design and manufacturing
- Excellent analytical and strategic skills to analyze merchandising statistics
- Strong leadership skills to drive the business
- Great managerial skills to develop a successful team
- An incredible personality to collaborate with our buying and planning teams and add to our friendly company culture.