PB CAREERS: Director Brand Management – Advanced Auto Parts
Job ID #: 29835
Location: VA – Roanoke
Functional Area: Merch, Marketing, Corp Purchasing
Position Type: Full-Time (32+ hrs/wk)
Relocation Provided: Yes
The Director will launch and manage AAP store brands. This position is strongly connected to global sourcing activity and will plan and execute management of AAP brands to ensure leverage of the cost savings from sourcing and increased sales. This position will work with merchants, operations, and marketing to ensure that store Team Members understand and have confidence in the branded products, with the end result of increased sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- 25% Develop plans and manage execution to successful launch new own label product.
- 15% Manage packaging and marketing issues on existing AAP label product lines.
- 15% Manage USA team and provide leadership to Asia team for execution on own label guidelines and execution.
- 10% Work with merchants in developing new ideas for packaging of AAP label products.
- 10% Work with quality and sourcing team on distribution packaging issues.
- 10% Work with outside firms as resources to provide support to new launch
- and existing own label product lines.
- 10% Manage budget for packaging, branding, and trademark expense.
- 5% Work with merchants, sourcing, and marketing on environmental impact of packaging.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Private Label Compliance Manager(s).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, andor ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging from perspective of retailer and manufacturer
- Experience in product launch of own label goods in a chain store environment
- Experience with Automotive packaged goods would be an advantage
- Must have management experience and ability to communicate to senior management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree (Masters preferred); and Training in graphic arts or printing preferred; and
- 3 5 years management experience required; and
- 10 years work experience Packaging Marketing Retail industry retail industry (global experience preferred); or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.