The Own Brand Global Product Manager – Facilities is responsible for the development of category and product level strategies that are consistent with the overall Staples Brands strategy. The specific focus of this role will be to coordinate and drive value in the Staples Brand offering for the Facilities and Break room categories. The primary functions include developing, managing and communicating globally a rolling 3 year product road map for the key Facilities categories (Paper goods, Liners, Chemicals, Break room and Food) and driving large scale innovation programs designed to provide a steady stream of unique, innovative products and/or services in this sector. We are looking for an individual skilled at setting strategic direction and working cross-functionally to deliver results.
Own Brand Strategic Planning
- Define key existing and new categories for strategic focus. Create a rolling 3 year product road map for those key categories.
- Determine the product/quality positioning of Own Brand products for supported categories through competitive benchmarking and national brand equivalent benchmarking.
- Manage internal and external research resources to incorporate customer insights into strategy and product development.
New Product Management
- Steer Product Development to develop innovative new products and strategic product lines.Lead development of project briefs and oversee key projects that target differentiation and innovation.
- Work with internal and external market research teams to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated into new products.
- Define and develop new packaging systems for innovative products and new and existing categories.
- Provide direction for physical package design with a focus on quality and innovation.
- Utilize the Product Lifecycle Management system to track innovative new projects and strategic lines.
- Communicate new product road maps with key Staples stakeholders around the world.
- Work closely with Product Design and Innovation team on driving Innovation programs.
- Study best practices of other own brand programs, competitors, vendors and attend relevant trade shows.
- Seek out and manage external resources to drive innovative programs (product development/design firms, potential co-branding/licensing opportunities, 3rd party vendors).
- Maintain Brand stewardship of all Staples brand and other exclusive brand products in our portfolio.
- Ensure all customer touch points for the brand support our over arching Easy brand positioning and support critical customer needs within the product category.
- Lead sub-brand development including name generation, trademark approval process, and logo generation.
- Develop and implement external brand / licensing strategies to deliver exclusive product branding solutions.
- Masters degree required
- Minimum 8-12 years of experience in the Facilities or Janitorial / Sanitary industry
- History of successful product and/or services management
- Ability to conceptualize, create and launch new products within consumer product and/or retail organizations
- Manage project timelines and demonstrate practical decision making. Organized professional with strong sense of urgency
- Must understand current trends affecting category growth and demonstrate strong product and category knowledge
- Demonstrate success at developing and executing category and product level strategic plans
- Strong analytical and financial skills. Ability to create and conduct market research
- Maintain full Product Lifecycle Management that consistently reflects category and customer needs
- Identify new product growth opportunities while continuing to define full product assortment strategy from inception to end-of-life
- Proactively conduct category and product refreshes designed to maximize SKU profitability and overall portfolio performance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to clearly articulate Own Brand new product plans
- Strong presentation skills with ability to persuade others
- Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer feedback and new product opportunities
- Team player able to work cross functionally to accomplish strategic initiatives
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
Preferred: MBA degree
Please apply online at: