This is the second job posting in less than a week from a significant agency that specifically calls out retail and Private Brand experience. it is nice to see the creative community recognize the opportunity in Private Brands.
Job Code: 1941
Division: Anthem Worldwide
Location: SAN FRANCISCO, CA US
Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Skills: Art & Creative Direction: Thumbnails, Art Direction, Presentations, Photo Set Design, Photo Art Direction, Design, Concept development Design -> InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Typography
Schawk, Inc., (NYSE: SGK), is a leading provider of brand point management services, enabling companies of all sizes to connect their brands with consumers to create deeper brand affinity. With a global footprint of more than 60 offices, Schawk helps companies create compelling and consistent brand experiences by providing integrated strategic, creative and executional services across brand touchpoints. Founded in 1953, Schawk is trusted by many of the world’s leading organizations to help them achieve global brand consistency.
Anthem Worldwide, a Schawk Strategic Design Company, is an integrated global network that provides innovative solutions to articulate, unify and manage brand impact. Anthem creates compelling brand experiences by aligning its strategic, creative and executional talent worldwide with the business needs of companies seeking a competitive advantage. Anthem offers a full range of branding and design services to our clients including Campbell’s, Coca-Cola, E-Mart, Foster’s, General Electric, Hbc, Kimberly-Clark, Microsoft, Nestlé, Procter & Gamble, Revlon, Safeway and Unilever. With our network of world-class design professionals in 11 offices, Anthem is presently located in Chicago, Cincinnati, London, Melbourne, New Jersey, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and York (U.K.).
The Design Director maintains the standard of excellence and general design direction on specific accounts. Special emphasis on design development and leadership is required to reinforce our competitive advantage.
The Design Director contributes to and maintains the standard of excellence and general design direction on specific accounts. Special emphasis on design development and leadership is required to reinforce our competitive advantage.
- Coordinate and manage a team of designers working on complex projects
- Oversee and provide hands-on contribution to the development of creative work
- Represent Anthem in client engagements
- Drive projects towards successful completion (e.g: on-brief, on-time, on-budget)
- Fluent in strategic and aesthetic design communication
- Approve work of Graphic Design team and freelance staff in absence of Creative Director
- Motivate, train and develop junior graphic design staff
- Provide leadership and meet project profit targets
- Provide strategic consultation
- Typically works independently with minimal oversight. Frequent interaction with senior Design and Account management
- Responsible for decisions regarding issues affecting own work and the work of other design team members
- Solves non-routine problems in work group or own functional area takes initiative to modify procedures and processes as appropriate and makes contribution that impact work team results
- Reviews all work at the key stages of the project ensuring project deliverables are met
- Actively participate in strategy, brainstorming and ideation sessions
- Contribute to agency design trend forecasting sessions
- Responsible for accurately incorporating agency or client standards related to graphic design and photo design.
- Supervises on location photography including all contact resources and merchandise components
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow and operating procedure
- Represents design work group and knowledge with others
- Seeks ways to share skills and knowledge with others
- Provides constructive feedback to help others develop skills within a function
- Develop and manage workflow systems
Qualifications / Requirements
- BA, or BFA in discipline of graphic arts, advertising or other related fields such as fine arts, interior design or fashion preferred
- Incumbents typically have 7+ years retail or agency experience within the function of graphic arts and work related experiences
- Proven Store Brand / Private Label Branding & Package Design experience a significant plus
- Ability to direct, mentor and train other designers (juniors and intermediates)
- Experience in both Consumer and Corporate Design
- Demonstrated knowledge of production processes and photo art direction
- Advanced Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to work in a team environment
- Time management skills, ability to assess and develop project strategies
Personal Performance Factors
Integrity/Ethics – deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
Perseverance – targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
Teamwork – Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
Initiative – Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.