As Private Brands have grown over the last few years career opportunities have grown proportionally, it is exciting to see major branding agencies post jobs that call for Private Brand as a major qualification.
Design Director – Retail/Private Label at LPK
Location: Cincinnati Area
LPK is looking for a Design Director with extensive experience in food packaging, preferably premium or Private Label brands.
- Broad, multi-category, complex initiatives must be demonstrated to be considered for this position.
- Strong strategic knowledge with ability to direct design team to beautiful, refined and tasteful solutions is also must.
A Design Director must demonstrate creative leadership and possess a strong understanding of brand strategy. He/She supports the Associate Creative Director and Creative Director in managing large segments of business and oversees the development of strategic design solutions and creative excellence throughout the design process. He/She partners with brand team to ensure the final design execution is error-free and reproducible and represents the original design intent.
- Oversee a team working against project objectives and delivering on client expectations.
- Maintain creative vision and preserve the brand’s design assets.
- Lead designers in development of strategic design solutions.
- Develop strategic concepts and designs that meet project objectives and are engaging, compelling and proprietary.
- Evaluate the design team’s work against project objectives, suggest refinements and select recommendation.
- Partner with Client Services to create project budgets and ensure resources are managed effectively.
- Partner with Client Services to identify project needs.
- Facilitate analysis of current trends and competitive sets for category and consumer.
- Contribute to strong team dynamic by modeling creative excellence and demonstrating integrity in the work.
- Support integration of LPK global design offices.
- Provide training to less-experienced team members.
- Must ensure team follows File Ready process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, or equivalent education or experience.
- Considerable experience in relevant design industry.
- Ability to execute design solutions in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Ability to use Adobe Acrobat and Apple Keynote or similar presentation software.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically solve problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make presentations both internally and externally.
- Fluency in English.
LPK is an international design agency where remarkable people Build Leadership Brands. By integrating strategy, design and innovation, LPK leverages relevant consumer, shopper and market insights to create value, sustain leadership and transform businesses.
The agency’s portfolio of category-leading brands and long-term client relationships attracts some of the best and brightest creative minds in the world. LPK’s combination of strategic skills, creative disciplines and cross-cultural perspectives results in brand-building innovation across media, geography and time.
With a presence in North America, Europe and Asia, LPK is the world’s largest employee-owned brand design agency. LPK has developed and managed brand design franchises for some of the world’s most successful businesses.
LPK’s independent spirit champions a vibrant creative culture, and the company has been recognized by The Wall Street Journal as a “Winning Workplace” and described by HOW Magazine as “one of the largest and most influential branding agencies on the planet.”