Lakeland, Florida based grocer Publix is launching Private Brand pre-packaged kids meals that compete in the otherwise Private Brand free category and taking on national brand giant Oscar Meyers ubiquitous Lunchables. However these meals are made fresh in the deli and designed to tuck neatly into kid’s lunchboxes.
Beginning July 29, the Publix Deli will offer five fresh, ready-to-eat kids meals for $3.99. Each meal consists of an entrée, two sides and a drink. The featured selections include:
- Chicken tenders — Publix Deli chicken tenders on a honey wheat roll, mini carrots, kid’s yogurt and fruit drink
- Ham sandwich thins — Publix tavern ham on a wheat sandwich thin, mini carrots, kid’s yogurt and apple juice
- Peanut butter apple wrap — creamy peanut butter with apples in a multigrain wrap, string cheese, mini carrots, kid’s yogurt and fruit drink
- Peanut butter rolls — creamy peanut butter on a honey wheat roll, string cheese, apple sauce, mini carrots and fruit drink
- Turkey rolls — Publix oven roasted turkey breast on a honey wheat roll, apple and grape packet, mini raisins and organic white milk
“Our customers look to us to provide meal solutions, and finding nutritious meals for their children is no exception,” said Maria Brous, Publix director of media and community relations. “Whether as a solution to back-to-school meal planning or for families on the go, our new Publix Deli kids meals are the perfect solution to the question of ‘What’s for lunch or dinner?’.”
The deli worked with Publix’s in-house registered dietician to ensure each meal was balanced, wholesome and nutritious. The Publix Deli kids meals are made and packaged fresh daily in the store’s deli department and cannot be customized.
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- Boldly Private Brand Holiday at Sephora – Nov 24, 2015
- Private Brands Leaders on the Issues – Nov 24, 2015
- Coles Radically Consolidates & Reinvents Private Brand – Nov 23, 2015