Walgreens: Manager, Product Development – Private Brands – OTC/Personal Care
Job Number: 002036)
Responsible for the end-to-end product development process inclusive of product specification creation and validation through consumer testing, advertising and communication; identifying needs and changes to products, packaging and suppliers to assigned categories. This position will focus on the OTC and Personal Care divisions.
- Manages a minimum of $500MM of revenue with 9-12 merchandise categories; manages the end-to-end product development process inclusive of product specification creation and validation through consumer testing, advertising and communication.
- Develops and executes sourcing strategies, identifies needs and changes to products, packaging, and suppliers in assigned categories; develops product and packaging innovations and reformulation; develops, manages and forecasts sales and profit by category.
- Develops and fosters third party relationships and ensures fair and competitive costs and charges; and develops strategic supplier partnerships to be first to market with the best in class products, reduce costs, improve service and supply.
- Works cross-functionally with category leaders to build appropriate short and long-term strategies with focus on the position of Private Brand within each assigned category.
- Collaborates with marketing and insights to enhance consumer-testing expertise to minimize risk to Walgreens when launching new products.
- Understands and ensures compliance by Walgreens and Walgreens’ suppliers with all regulatory requirements on both domestic and imported products.
- Sets and exceeds productivity targets with emphasis on cost reduction without losing quality.
- Works with supply chain to maximize logistic efficiency and enhance productivity.
- Sets spending budgets on pricing, in-store promotions and advertising for assigned categories.
For more company information, please visit www.walgreens.com
High School degree/GED. Minimum of four years of diverse category experience in buying and purchasing in a retail environment. Product development experience specifically with Private Brands. Knowledge of financial modeling and marketing. Solid understanding of logistics. Successful strategic thinking; proven negotiation skills, high level or organization skills; skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, project management; and using retail data such as Nielsen or IRI. Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills required. Ability to forecast long term product development; ability to handle complexity; proven ability to work in a matrixed organization.