Brand Specialist – Private Brands Management: Macys
Job Number: PRI00182
The Private Brand Specialist partners with the Brand Analyst in providing leadership to the divisions by driving and managing the private brand business to deliver sales and margin results. Responsible for assisting in the gathering and analyzing data down to the style, door, size level to assure adequate on order and inventory levels within the divisions and suppliers in each product category and private brand. Communicate with division merchants and resources to understand specific needs and issues.
- Assist with report maintenance and coordinate weekly private brand business recaps.
- Monitor merchandise performance overall (programs, key items, sales, margins) by division.
- Assume ownership of the private brands seasonal EDI/Replenishment sales and receipt plans analysis down to the style, door and size level.
- Perform review and analysis of division performance on a brand and item basis by door.
- Identify, communicate and drive sales and margin of EDI/Replenishment programs and items.
- Follow-up on recommendations (detailed door analysis) to divisions and assure compliance.
- Monitor EDI/Replenishment programs.
- Provide strategic direction to private brands placement plans to address penetration deficiencies.
- Recap buy meeting results and recommend call-outs by division.
- Assist in projecting and recommending purchase quantities on key programs.
- Work with Brand Analyst to establish recommended promotional cadence and exit strategies.
- Write recommended EDI/Replenishment orders by door for the divisions.
- Ensure timely placement and delivery of all replenishment orders.
- Assist with the maintenance of the basic replenishment items.
- Validate and monitor EDI projections and adjust accordingly to maximize sales.
- Oversee monthly EDI process and interact with suppliers and divisions to assure sales maximization by taking ownership down to the production and procurement at the size level.
- Communicate inventory analysis by door to divisions and secure additional placements where appropriate.
- Identify merchandising opportunities such as overages and shortages.
- Develop and implement action plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Product Assistant experience or similar.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Macy’s Systems experience a plus.