Assistant Private Brand Manager: Toys R Us
Job Number: 02906
The Assistant Brand Manager assists with the tactical execution of strategy and project/product management to include: design, development, merchandising, marketing and distribution of proprietary brands. Other duties include: cross-brand reporting, competitive analysis, tracking, testing, managing product milestones and timelines, scheduling meetings, supplying buyer with accurate quote sheets, ensuring continuous communications with buyers, and interfacing with manufacturers, buyers and internal customers.
- Participates in the identification of merchandise trends and performing competitive analysis
- Assists Brand Manager with the development, maintenance and growth of all private brand products.
- Assists in the performance of all functions related to the packaging development process including design; development; copy; translations; clearance of product names; product photography and lifestyle photography
- Assists with the management of the Safety Assurance process.
- Maintains program and product calendars to meet required in-store dates.
- Maintains Product Development reports as needed.
- Assists BM with the tracking of in-stock position on key/promotional items
- Assists BM with support of all channels of distribution as it relates to private brands
- Bachelor’s degree with a related discipline
- Minimum one year product development and/or retail buying, planning or product development experience, and an understanding of competitive brand positioning.
- Awareness of TRU company brands
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills with the ability to communicate cross culturally.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple/varied projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally if needed
Primary Location: USA-NJ-Wayne
Job Function: Product Development
One Geoffrey Way