At Amazon, Safety is our number one concern both for our employees and for our customers. We are seeking candidates to fill our Worldwide Manager of Private Label & Direct Import Compliance position located in Seattle.
The position will be responsible for managing day to day Product Safety and Regulatory Compliance for Private Label & Direct Imported Goods offerings internationally. This person will be responsible for driving our current product safety processes to even higher levels of performance. The primary area of responsibility will be working with our retail teams, vendors and third party service providers to insure all Amazon.com products meet applicable product safety, performance, regulatory and Amazon quality requirements.
Areas of responsibility include:
- Manage the day-to-day processes including test/inspection report review; invoice processing; data/report generation; track sample/testing process; file reports electronically; address problems, and issues from labs, vendors and category buyers
- Develop testing and inspection standards and processes; manage the process with the third party service providers, vendors and buying teams
- Work with category buyers: track testing and inspection timelines, proactively address any delays/progress with buyers and factories, review failed/pass reports and work with buyers regarding additional action needed by vendor/Amazon to move forward, work with buyers regarding additional testing needs
- Manage relationship with new and existing factories/vendors through following activities: clarify Amazon regulatory compliance and quality expectations, standards, process and forward any relevant S&OP; communicate program changes; address any questions; resolve issues between Amazon, testing lab and vendor; request and approve quote for testing and inspections
- Manage the factory social accountability program
- Manage the CPSIA General Certificate of Conformity process
- Qualified candidates should have a bachelors degree in business, supply chain, engineering or quality assurance, with 3 to 5 years of experience in product development/sourcing, retail merchandising, quality assurance and/or regulatory compliance management with government agencies (FTC, CPSC, FDA). Combination of work and education will be considered.
- Knowledge of the latest regulations such as CPSIA, CA Prop. 65, etc.
- Knowledge/experience directly related to product quality testing processes and evaluation (hardlines, softlines, toys, and/or consumer electronics).
- Knowledge of EU, Japan, or China consumer product regulations a plus.
- Previous work experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
- Familiarity with typical software packages (Microsoft Suite including Access) is a must.
Project management and solid communication skills are also a must.