Sally Beauty Supply began as one store in New Orleans in 1964. Today, as Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc., we are the largest distributor of professional beauty supplies in the world. Sally Beauty Holdings is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol SBH.
Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. is made up of Sally Beauty Supply and Beauty Systems Group (BSG). Through these businesses, the company sells and distributes beauty products at over 3,200 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, England, Scotland, Ireland, Germany, and Japan, as well as through outside sales consultants.
Our international presence offers Sally Beauty / BSG insight into fashion and beauty trends. It gives our buyers and merchandisers a head start on obtaining the tools and products salon professionals need to create the latest fashion looks, as well as the products consumers use to maintain the look between salon visits.
Sally Beauty Supply stores offer more than 5,000 products for hair, skin, and nails through professional lines such as Clairol, L’Oreal, Wella, Conair, and Revlon, as well as an extensive selection of proprietary merchandise.
Beauty Systems Group stores, along with its outside sales consultants, sell up to 9,500 professionally branded products including Paul Mitchell, Wella, Sebastian, Graham, Webb, Rusk, TIGI, Matrix, and Redken. BSG sells exclusively to professional cosmetologists for use in salons and resale to their customers.
Simply having these products is not enough. Sally Beauty / BSG encourages a depth of product knowledge among its store employees by producing monthly merchandising videos that explain the features and recommended use of new products. Such training promotes outstanding service and continued customer loyalty.
Sally’s phenomenal growth has taken place as a result of providing a vast selection of outstanding products at great prices, along with the best customer service provided by our knowledgeable, caring people.
Our past is solid; our future is bright. Join us, and become a member of the biggest and the best team in the industry!
Sr. Director of Private Label Product Development
Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world’s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We currently have an opening for a Sr. Director of Private Label Product Development and Merchandising. This position is responsible for overseeing all activities related to the development, sourcing, packaging, and merchandising of private label brands in Sally Beauty Supply stores.
- Initiate and develop new product lines, based upon current market conditions and trend analysis.
- Source and cultivate relationships with manufacturers, negotiating agreements and production schedules to maximize profit margins.
- Oversee product testing, ordering appropriate adjustments when necessary.
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop product packaging.
- Coordinate with Regulatory Affairs Department to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensure each private label product meets sales and profit goals on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor development and performance of direct reports. Act as a role model, providing leadership by focusing and inspiring team members toward a common goal.
- Established and manages department budget.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Merchandising, or a related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in merchandising, including 5 or more years in private label product development.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Beauty industry / HBA experience is highly desirable.
- Regulatory experience a plus
We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, and stock options, along with an outstanding benefits package that includes Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability Insurance, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, profit sharing, and 401(k) with company match.
Please forward your resume and salary history, in MS Word format, to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. No agencies please.