Associate Brand Manager – INC
New York, NY
Associate Brand Manager is responsible for updating and maintaining the brand identity of the line, strategic planning , sales and marketing direction for the brand. This position reports to the Brand Director or Brand Manager.
- Partner with Brand Director/Brand Manager on generating support of the line and financial plans by gathering product performance input from divisions, sharing line development and direction, and promoting the assortments.
- Responsible for implementation of all weekly selling reports and management summaries.
- Assist in the management of division placements and tracking of all shipment dollars.
- Recap and analyze all order placements, write corporate callouts by division, and follow through to make sure changes are implemented.
- Responsible for seasonal line profitability analysis reports.
- Partner with the Brand Director/Brand Manager on managing the information flow between the product organization and the divisions.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating to divisions all reorders and new emerging opportunities.
- Partner with Brand Director/Brand Manager in execution of seasonal private brand sales vendor margin plans.
- Partner with Brand Director/Brand Manager in writing of the Private Brand Financial Strategy, targets and receipt plans for the Buy Meeting.
- Communicate to divisions the private brand merchandise and business strategies based on the plans.
- Participate in the development of tactics and objectives for each season and meeting.
- Assist marketing in the development of marketing plans and campaigns to support assortments.
- Develop and follows through on all merchandise relating to visual campaigns.
- Ensure merchandise strategies are executed on the store level.
- Partner with marketing director on time and action calendar for each season.
- Submit all monthly playbooks/selling guides.
- Submit seasonal key items and back wall images.
- Provide leadership to divisions and product staff through product category expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Retail (Store, Buying Office, Merchandise, etc.)
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Data input with high accuracy rate required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Product Manager – Sleepwear
New York, NY
This position reports to the Merchandise Product Director, Brand Manager/Director, and/or Product Director. Is responsible for managing the development of Private Brand/Label Program and Style Plans within the context of the sales/margin plans and business strategy.
Sales / Margin:
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting, and analyzing merchandise performance by Program and Style.
- Responsible for recapping and finalizing Program and Style placements.
- Analyze current and historic sales/margins and market trends to assist Customers in placing appropriate assortments at Line Previews and Buy Meetings
- Monitor Line Development activities to ensure Time and Action plan is followed
- Manage the communication process with target office and suppliers to develop each Program and Style and to plan and place orders.
- Collaborate with overseas offices to establish and finalize all material and production reservations and to confirm all production costs.
- Negotiate costing for all styles to achieve competitive pricing and strategic mark-up targets.
- Communicate regularly with each Customer (Division) and Design to gather input, share line development direction, and to communicate business strategies.
- Develop Line plans down to Classification and Style level.
Systems and Technology:
- Manage the development of the Line List based on finalized Style Plan and merchandising information.
- Manage information input process and possess bottom line accountability for the integrity and accuracy of all data entered into the Systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Experience in Retail (Store or Buying Office) and Product Development a plus.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong negotiating skills.
- Proficient in PC operation, MS Office, and Excel.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, flexible, self-motivated, and be able to motivate others.
- Ability to view and differentiate the color spectrum.
- Able to travel within /outside of the country.
Brand Specialist – Home
New York, NY
Job Number: PRI00167)
The Private Brand Specialist partners with the Brand Analyst in providing leadership to the divisions by driving and managing the private brand business to deliver sales and margin results. Responsible for assisting in the gathering and analyzing data down to the style, door, size level to assure adequate on order and inventory levels within the divisions and suppliers in each product category and private brand. Communicate with division merchants and resources to understand specific needs and issues.
- Assist with report maintenance and coordinate weekly private brand business recaps.
- Monitor merchandise performance overall (programs, key items, sales, margins) by division.
- Assume ownership of the private brands seasonal EDI/Replenishment sales and receipt plans analysis down to the style, door and size level.
- Perform review and analysis of division performance on a brand and item basis by door.
- Identify, communicate and drive sales and margin of EDI/Replenishment programs and items.
- Follow-up on recommendations (detailed door analysis) to divisions and assure compliance.
- Monitor EDI/Replenishment programs.
- Provide strategic direction to private brands placement plans to address penetration deficiencies.
- Recap buy meeting results and recommend call-outs by division.
- Assist in projecting and recommending purchase quantities on key programs.
- Work with Brand Analyst to establish recommended promotional cadence and exit strategies.
- Write recommended EDI/Replenishment orders by door for the divisions.
- Ensure timely placement and delivery of all replenishment orders.
- Assist with the maintenance of the basic replenishment items.
- Validate and monitor EDI projections and adjust accordingly to maximize sales.
- Oversee monthly EDI process and interact with suppliers and divisions to assure sales maximization by taking ownership down to the production and procurement at the size level.
- Communicate inventory analysis by door to divisions and secure additional placements where appropriate.
- Identify merchandising opportunities such as overages and shortages.
- Develop and implement action plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Product Assistant experience or similar.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Macy’s Systems experience a plus.