Menomonee Falls, WI
Creates and executes prints and placed graphics based on seasonal direction for Kohl’s private brands.
- Create, manipulate, recolor all prints yarn-dyes, placed graphics & embroideries for assigned product area.
- Execute layouts, repeats and colorways.
- Collaborate with designers in creating concepts each season.
- Collaborate in researching current print/pattern trends and communicating these findings to the art team and design team each season.
- Work with designers to put art presentation boards for milestone meetings.
- Work closely with Lead Artist, Senior Textile Artist and Designer to implement design concepts consistent within the private brand strategies.
- Prepares accurate information and placement of artwork to the vendor for sampling or production.
- Meet quality and art productivity deadlines according to the calendar.
- Interact and develop relationships with the cross functional teams to exchange processes, leverage expertise and streamline the process.
- Start and maintain archive of all prints developed seasonally.
- Stays abreast of benchmarks & competitors.
- BA in Graphic Design, Textile Design or related field
- Prefer textile print experience, within the retail industry, but not required.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Ned Graphics, preferred but not required. Must have computer skills in using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong artistic background including the ability to create conceptual and final art in several different mediums.
- Ability to prioritize multiple deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure and multi -task in a fast past environment.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Word and Excel is a plus