A new report from companiesandmarkets.com provides useful insight into the latest Private Brand developments of retailers across different sectors including food & grocery and electronics in the United Kingdom. With a number of case studies spanning different countries and retail sectors, the report identifies and examines the key strategies for retailers to develop and further optimize their Private Brands.
This report provides includes:
- Insights into key trends and future developments of retailers’ private brand propositions.
- In-depth discussion and analysis of the strategies of major retailers and their private brand offer.
- Strategic analysis of the key factors driving private brand development across different sectors and product categories.
- Cross-country and sector overview of retailers’ private brand. Analysis of best practice private brand strategies across different industries.
In the wake of the global financial crisis and subsequent recession there has been a resurgence of private brand. With price being the overriding factor driving most consumers’ purchasing decisions, for retailers, a relentless focus on value is, now more than ever, the name of the game. Private brand has been at the forefront of this strategy.
Major grocery players are extending their private brand proposition as a response to the discounter threat and greater uptake of own brand products. At this challenging time private brand offers an array of benefits for retailers including better margins and increased brand loyalty. However the lower cost reduces retailers’ top-line sales.
In the home sectors there is a significant opportunity for private brand development of eco-friendly and energy efficient products. These products will help retailers to differentiate their offer and appeal to changing consumer attitudes for more environmentally sustainable products, while at the same time producing higher margins.
Learn how difficult market conditions are driving private brand sales and what the outlook for retailers’ private brand offer will be going forward.
- Understand how evolving consumer behavior is forcing retailers to develop new private brand strategies to counter the discounters.
- Benchmark your private brand strategy against what others in the industry are doing.