Location: Bradenton, FL
Bealls Department Stores, Inc. operates over 80 stores throughout Florida specializing in clothing, shoes, gifts, housewares & home decor.
Beall’s Department Stores Private Brand Design Studio has an immediate opening for an Assistant Brand Manager. This is a full-time, salaried position, located at our corporate office in Bradenton, Florida. This position reports to the Senior Brand Manager for Men’s and includes direct and extensive interaction with the Buying and Sourcing Teams. There is also interaction with artists to articulate the brand vision in order to create unique, Florida right product and packaging.
Beall’s has excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, college tuition assistance, and 401K. Come join our outstanding Company!
- Develop exclusive and unique product lines and packaging for Beall’s Private Brand assortments, while focusing on the Florida consumer.
- Under the direction of a Brand Manager interpret trend, color and fabric forecasts into Private brand products and details that keep Beall’s ahead of the fashion curve.
- Create color cards and seasonal color palettes by brand.
- Create accurate technical flats using Adobe Illustrator on a daily basis.
- Create plaids, stripes, and simple repeats Adobe Illustrator.
- Modify existing vector and rasterized artwork for design use.
- Flexibility to multi-task in a high stress environment and complete task from start to finish.
- For each upcoming season, assist in the development of a trends presentation highlighting Florida right trends, fabrics, technical knowledge of performance fabrics, silhouettes, and colors.
- Create new private brands, when needed, complete with brand mission statement, packaging, and customer profile.
- Understand how to see the merchants vision of a brand.
- Maintain design production timelines that will ensure targeted deliveries for the merchants.
- Work closely with the merchants to establish line-building specifics. Agreement must be made on the number of styles, colors and quantities to be produced.
- Analyze selling history in order to maximize future sales and margins.
- Read WGSN and other online trends service information daily.
- Responsible for detailed PDM packages by style to the sourcing team.
- Responsible for preparation of art components of PDM style sheets to be used by Product Development Managers for sourcing.
- Create product or color story boards as required. Assemble flats with artwork and create line sheets for buyer review.
- Arbitrate and resolve any matters of concern with the buying teams regarding initial design and execution.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- College degree is preferred.
- Strong background in textile or apparel design and garment construction.
- Ability to design products based on the Florida consumer’s unique merchandise needs.
- Ability to take charge, as needed.
- Willingness to listen, observe, and learn the product development cycle.
- The ability to thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Working expert knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Illustrator, Photoshop and Gerber Web PDM.
- Fluent in English.