MANAGER GLOBAL BRAND OPERATIONS: Toys ‘R’ US
Job Number: 02510
Location: Wayne, New Jersey
Job Summary: The Global “R” Us Brands team is responsible for developing private label merchandise, grouped into a number of globally recognized brands, and marketing that merchandise to the our stores around the world.
As part of the Global “R” Us Brands team, the Operations Manger, manages the ongoing operations for the “R” Us Brands including IT needs, Line Plans, Trade Shows, Line Shows, Reporting, Department Budgeting, Mid-range and Long-Term Business Plan development and documentation, and preparations for line reviews. In addition the Operations Manager will hold a lead role on various projects aimed at improving the business processes and tools of the “R” Us Brands team and achieve flawless execution across the global markets. The Operations Manager works with the president, SVP, VP and Directors of the department as well as other staff as needed.
- Work with directors on line plans and support of line development process
- Manage the departmental collaboration tools and processes
- Work with Directors and VP’s on line shows and trade shows (Global Merchandise Management, Hong Kong, China, etc.). Manage the Mid-range and Long-Term Business Plan development process as well as presentations and communication to the department regarding planning issues
- Provide recommendations for short and long term process, system and organizational changes and manage related projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics or a related field strongly preferred. Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA or a Master’s Degree in a business related field will be counted as 2 years of relevant experience
- Interest in international business, foreign language knowledge are all a plus
- Must have ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Business and/or Financial Analysis experience, preferably with product line focus. Strong quantitative skills, and experience with planning and forecasting. Must be able to manipulate data expertly using Access and Excel. Experience with Business Intelligence and Data analysis tools (Hyperion, Cognos, Microstrategy, etc) is a plus.
- Process improvement and system implementation experience in either internal or management consulting role. Experience documenting as-is and to-be process flows. Experience in requirements gathering. Familiarity with process analysis methodologies and the SDLC.
- Project management experience. Ability to develop project plans and keep stakeholders appraised of project progress using score-carding and status reporting. Aptitude for managing to firm deadlines. Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to articulate and present complex concepts and strategies to all levels of the company.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills. Ability to work independently and to juggle multiple initiatives with shifting priorities while adhering to strict deadlines
- A flexible and open communication style that fosters teamwork and facilitates consensus building among team members
- Candidate must exhibit strongly inquisitive nature and demonstrate desire and ability to learn new concepts quickly. Must demonstrate an interest in the business in addition to specific job functions
- Successful candidate will be goal-oriented and willing to seek out additional responsibilities and opportunities.
- Expertise with Excel and Access is essential. Model building, data aggregation and manipulation are pivotal aspects of the job.
- Advanced skills in Visio, PowerPoint, Word and MS Project. Ability to create high quality templates for the team and polished deliverables for the various projects.
- Familiarity with SharePoint or similar content management platforms.
- Conceptual, high-level understanding of the concepts of data warehousing, business intelligence
PRODUCT BRAND MANAGER: Toys ‘R’ US
Job Number: 02499
Location: Wayne, New Jersey
The Global Private Brand Manager will serve as a leader and primary manager supporting his/her designated brands merchandising objectives across all countries (US, Canada, UK, France, Spain, Central Europe, Japan, and Australia) and across all formats (stores, online, franchises, and other). He/she will lead the expansion of the range of private label products across the division to achieve corporate sales growth, profit and productivity targets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Business Leadership: Leading his/her private brand team and coordinating the activities of the Subject Expert Team (SET), to create integrated global product ranges/brands that incorporate specific country requirements/opportunities to achieve budget and target margins. Overall, responsibility includes leading private brands’ increased penetration globally.
- Market Intelligence: Understanding trends, hot products/categories, target market needs/ issues, and competition from national vendors and other private labels, and then communicating and reacting as appropriate.
- Planning: Creating financial, product range, merchandising and marketing plans by brand by season inclusive of input from merchants, product development experts and suppliers. Additionally, the brand manager will be responsible for maximizing returns per item by incorporating product lifecycle management.
- Range Development/Product Marketing: Determining plans to develop a core range, establish driver items, and recommend a pricing hierarchy for his/her brand’s). Provide input into merchant partners to determine space allocation, signage, in-store placement and roto positioning.
- Brand Building and Integrity: Manage the brand growth and profitability targets while identifying unique product offerings that achieve customer relevance and market differentiation. Control SKU count within brands and to ensure that all new products are appropriately placed and positioned within the brands.
- Management: Identifying, prioritizing and launching special projects while managing the day-to-day execution of the range plans by brand by season inclusive of planning, marketing instore merchandising, and postmortem analysis.
- People Leadership: Managing the development of team members by setting clear objectives, providing ongoing performance feedback, and evaluating career potential.
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Masters degree would be highly regarded. Candidates should be highly experienced managers with a proven track record in Brand Management