Home & Garden is seeking an experienced business leader to manage our Private Label team supporting our Pinzon, Pike Street and Strathwood products globally. This position will have profit and loss responsibility, be responsible for building and implementing the long-term strategy of the Private Label group including margin generation and revenue growth. This person will need to drive process improvement to continually improve our lead times in sourcing, product costs and product quality with the ability to translate vision into tactical plans.
This role will interface with several other cross functional groups at Amazon.com so strong relationship and influence leadership skills a must.
Senior Manager of Private Label primary responsibilities are to:
- Determine the long-term business and branding strategy for Strathwood, Pinzon and Pike Street products. Build tactical plans to support the long-term strategy. Lead the implementation of the plan to drive revenue and margin growth and continually increase product quality.
- Create analytical frameworks and repeatable, scalable processes to optimally run the business. Improve the supply chain operations of the global sourcing model bringing more efficient packaging to customers, shorter lead times and increased inventory turns.
- Locate additional suppliers who can deliver high quality product on time and at low costs and continue to negotiate improved sourcing terms with existing suppliers
- Partner with cross functional teams at Amazon including: retail and site merchandising, product compliance, import logistics, operations, software engineering and legal to increase brand awareness, improve the supply chain, improve product quality, and better the customer website experience.
The ideal candidate would have:
- 4-year college degree
- Proven business ownership and ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial skills
- Ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Experience building strong relationships with external partners
- Previous management experience developing direct reports
- Previous sourcing, product and/or brand development
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with computer based systems and databases