The "Official" Great Value Launch!

Christopher Durham Mar 17, 2009 69

variety-great-value

Here it is in a press release dated March 16th, published on the Walmart website and released to the newswires the “official” launch of the rebranded Great Value brand has finally been announced. For regular readers of this blog, the “official” launch will come as no surprise as I have written of it on many occasions. The pictures included are “official” Walmart press photos from the Walmart website. I will reserve my reactions to the new Great Value until I can experience it in store and taste it at home, so stay tuned and I will visit the local Walmart and see what I can find.

Here is the release in its entirety:

Walmart’s Revamped Great Value Brand Delivers Affordable, Quality Choices When Consumers Need Them Most
Retailer Transforms its Great Value Brand with More Products, Consumer Friendly Packaging and Improved Quality

cookies-great-value-croppedBENTONVILLE, Ark., March 16, 2009 – At a time when families need to make every penny count, Walmart today released new details about the expansion and enhancement of its Great Value brand in the United States. The new, improved Great Value products – which will begin appearing on shelves this month – provide families with affordable, high quality grocery and household consumable options comparable to national brands. The retailer’s Great Value brand, first introduced in 1993, spans more than 100 categories and is the country’s largest food brand in both sales and volume.

With a strong focus on better quality, Walmart worked with several hundred suppliers and product testing facilities to:

• Test more than 5,250 products against leading national brands to ensure Great Value quality is equal to or better;
  • Conduct more than 2,700 consumer tests to compare the flavor, aroma, texture, color, and appearance of Great Value products against leading national brands;
  • Change the formulas for 750 items including: breakfast cereal, cookies, yogurt, laundry detergent, and paper towels; and
  • Introduce more than 80 new products, such as: thin crust pizza, fat free caramel swirl ice cream, strawberry yogurt, organic cage-free eggs, double stuffed sandwich cookies, teriyaki beef jerky and more, all at unbeatable prices.

“Walmart remains committed to providing our customers with quality national and private brand products at unbeatable prices,” said Andrea Thomas, Walmart’s senior vice president of private brands. “Through our Great Value brand re-launch, we are delivering on our promise to provide customers with the quality products they need and want at a price they can afford to help them save money and live better.”

According to new consumer data from GfK Custom Research North America, 75 percent of shoppers, say the “current economic conditions” are playing a big role in their decision whether to purchase national or grocery store brands. Additionally, three out of 10 consumers in the study say they are now “buying more store brand products” compared to a year ago, and more than 77 percent of respondents “agree” that the store brands they buy “are as good as, if not better than, national brand products.”

In addition to product testing, Walmart redesigned Great Value packaging graphics to create a consistent, recognizable look throughout the store, making it easier for customers to find their favorite products. The new Great Value packaging offers easy-to-read nutrition labels and more appetizing food photography. Walmart also reduced packaging when possible as part of the company’s sustainability goals.

Walmart is so confident in the quality of its Great Value products that the company guarantees every product.

The retailer plans to continue its focus on quality through a new Quality Monitoring Program, which will provide ongoing evaluation of the quality of products from the factory to the shelves.

Walmart is supplementing its quality promise with a staffed toll free number for product inquiries. Additionally, customers can find product information at www.walmart.com.

Walmart is asking customers to share their favorite Great Value items by encouraging them to rate the products and offer reviews on walmart.com.

The product re-launch is beginning this month with the majority of products appearing on store shelves by the end of May.

For more information about the Great Value brand at Walmart, visit www.walmart.com.

Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)

1. Ryan Mar 18, 2009 at 1:03 pm - Reply

This is some of the worst package design I’ve ever seen in my life.

2. Genna Mar 18, 2009 at 9:03 pm - Reply

I have to say I think the packaging is extremely ugly. But I don’t care because the white packages will definately stand out more on the shelves. Since I buy primarily Great Value brand anyway, I think the new packaging will make it easier for me to find the GV tomato sauce or flour tortillas that always seem to hide among the other brands. If the ugly package discourages others from buying GV, then maybe I won’t have to stock up on the Quick Biscuit mix that always sells out!

3. Fuad Ahasan Chowdhury Mar 19, 2009 at 12:54 am - Reply

I don’t agree with RYAN [100%] .. but don’t like the packaging also :(

4. Guy R. Powell Mar 19, 2009 at 8:08 am - Reply

Interesting launch. It will be fascinating to see how the other major brands respond.

I’m also surprised by the negative comments on the packaging. If we think about the goals of packaging design, Walmart probably hit the nail on the head.

1) be different – it certainly is
    2) stand out on the shelf – it certainly does that
    3) support the brand concept – If the concept is to be a top end value brand, that stands out against other generics, this looks like it does that as well.
    4) Not infringe on other customers’ packaging. I would say it does that as well through its simplistic nature. Very different packaging compared to Dove, Olay, Fritos, etc.

5. Paul Georgalas Mar 19, 2009 at 10:32 am - Reply

I thought the packaging was attractive and stood out for a private label product, I also do not agree with one of the comments about not appealing to the middle class, on the contrary, I think it will appeal to the middle class, as a well designed package with a decent price point.

6. Saurooon Mar 20, 2009 at 7:19 am - Reply

Hi there,
    Can i take a one small photo from your blog?

Thanks
    Saurooon

7. Charles Apr 15, 2009 at 5:35 pm - Reply

I have begun to see some of the new packaging on shelf: frozen pizza, cereals, etc. Is there anyway to know or find out which items were reformulated. It would be great to see if the changes have resulted in improved quality. Any thoughts?

8. myprivatebrand Apr 29, 2009 at 7:52 pm - Reply

Bob
    I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with Great Value products, maybe that is why Walmart is working on improving them. I am an independent observer who has no connection to Walmart. I do not work for Walmart and I am not associated with them in any way, I would try contact them through their website http://www.walmart.com

Thanks

9. Gene Jun 29, 2009 at 2:16 pm - Reply

I live in a small town which includes a Walmart, Kmart and one other generic brand of grocery store. In my own opinion, Kmart should close its doors (at least in this community)permanently. They are just taking up space in our community. The generic brand of grocery store seems to compete reasonably well with Walmart. However, our walmart store seems to provide those things that are required to maintain a healthy life style. My wife is a professional shopper and has at least 55 years of experience shopping. she has sought out the Great value brand “routinely” and as a result, has achieved obtaining the top of the line food products, Labeling notwithstanding! Walmart is about management and are dedicated to managing their stores to the highest level achieveable. Not only do I respect them for providing quality products at a low cost but they do it with an attitude of confidence. It is a cool place to shop in the summer and a warm place to shop in the winter. Why would I shop anywhere else? I would buy the quality product at the cheapest price if the lable only included the name of the producer and a brief description of its content. Why all the fuss about pretty boxes and cans? It’s what’s inside that counts!

• dallasnewsgirl Nov 23, 2009 at 6:28 pm - Reply

Gene,

So how long have you worked at WalMart? And your wife is a “professional shopper?”

• Myprivatebrand Nov 23, 2009 at 8:45 pm - Reply

Thanks for reading, I do not currently work for Walmart and have never been employeed by Walmart, if you check out my about page you will learn more about me and you can click through to my linkedin profile and learn even more. My wife is a buyer for a womens clothing retailer so yes she is a “professional shopper”

10. Alma Aug 4, 2009 at 4:04 am - Reply

While I agree that we look to the contents rather than packaging on items, I have to say that packaging does make a difference, especially when it comes to recruiting new buyers for their GV products. We, who have discovered GV to be a worthy product line, have experience and history to assist us in overlooking those ugly white packaging labels. While times are tough and everyone’s looking for great deals, I also hate the associations that could be made with having a cart full of white labeled products–being the generic queen, etc. With their previous packaging, it was nice to know I was getting the most bang from my buck without people taking too much notice. I’ve often sent GV products overseas in care packages, and I like that the recipients can’t discern that the products are a generic line. (I mean, it’s nice to be cheap, but I don’t want everyone to know that I am.) They just know GV as another reputable line. Too, I’ve always been a fan of GV Teriyaki jerky, and while prices have not gone up, the repackaging has my jerky priced the same for a smaller bag. It was an 8 oz bag; now, it’s 6.2 ounces. I don’t think that “repackaging” has given me a deal on my jerky anymore, and I’ve ceased buying it.

11. Twila Aug 11, 2009 at 4:35 pm - Reply

I see a lot of argueinga about appearence, but who cares if the package is ugly as long as the product is good. My problem stems from the reformulation of some of the products!!!

In November of last year my 2 year old son was diagnosed with food allergys…MILK….EGGS and WHEAT..and most especiallya GLUTEN intolerance as he carries one of the 4 genetic markers for Celiacs disease. It has been so hard to find foods that are gluten free and safe for him to eat. I was thrilled to find that most of the Great Value products were gluten free and clearly labeled as so making my efforts to feed him so much easier. Now though I’m noticing that many of the products have been changed and are no longer labled gluten free. Most specifically the soy sauce and the steak sauce though there are several others. This is extremely frustrating as now I must go back and re read every lable on every product that I had already put on my approved list. Also I had become dependant on the soy sauce to flavor some of his foods and now that that is gone he is not eating as well as he was.

I would like to ask that the formula be changed back. Epsecially on the soy sauce. It was wonderful just the way it was. And I would like to ask that you look into making more of your products gluten free. Food allergys and specifically gluten problems are on the rise and you will gain a large and loyal customer base if you consider this.

12. Ed Aug 18, 2009 at 2:41 pm - Reply

My Family and I did not like the new Walmart strategy of “rebranded Great Value brand”. In our opinion, it was a big mistake from the part of the Walmart Co.
    Now, most of the G.V. items look too much like the old generic brands from some Supermarkets in the 80’s. We know that all of those generic products were of an inferior quality when compared with any branded products, which that’s not the case with the Great Value items. Most of the G.V. products are,perhaps, as good as any other regular brand.
    I am not a Marketing professional, but in my opinion, what a bad and big Marketing misstep strategy from the part of the Walmart Co.!
    Today, I don’t feel encouraged to buy as many as G.V. products as I used to. I feel and it shows in my cart that I am buying a lot of those poor valued generic products again.

13. Cindy Aug 19, 2009 at 6:22 pm - Reply

The new packaging is TOO PLAIN – even the Wal-Mart Associates can no longer tell the difference in the cartons of cottage cheese and sour cream! They have been repeatedly mixed together in the cottage cheese section; and yesterday, large curd and small curd cottage cheese cartons were mixed together. I do not like having the read the “fine print” on the carton to make sure I’m buying the right product! At least give it SOME sort of color coding to differentiate between different products!!!
    I spoke to an associate about it, and he was complaining, too. That says a lot…

14. Kelly Aug 29, 2009 at 3:31 pm - Reply

I have always been satisfied with the quality of GV products, and I continue to buy them, but I think the new packaging is a turn-off. It reminds me of poor quality generics.

15. Judy Sep 3, 2009 at 11:51 am - Reply

I can’t tell you how appalling the packaging is on your products now. I didn’t realize how important packaging was. It is actually hard for me to buy your products now. Please reconsider this. I’m not sure who thought, at your company, this was a good idea to change to such a bland packaging. Bad idea!

16. Jalayne Sartain Sep 9, 2009 at 7:55 am - Reply

I used to buy Great Value.
    I will no longer purchase these products, however.
    I feel the packaging SCREAMS “I’M POOR”.
    Also, it reminds me of another product called “Always Save”.
    I lived in a small town in the mountains and there were two “off” brands: BEST CHOICE, and ALWAYS SAVE.
    BEST CHOICE was just like any brand name product, with similar packaging.
    ALWAYS SAVE was barely edible. Their packaging looked generic as well.
    Sorry, GREAT VALUE, but your products will not grace my shopping cart, OR my pantry.
    I will now buy ONLY “made in AMERICA” products. The extra cost will be worth it to save jobs and keep us from becoming a third world country anyway!

• Victor Matlock Sep 13, 2011 at 7:35 pm - Reply

I’m with you, Jalayne.
      I have asked management in the local Walmart store where I shop to inform the company ceo that, due to our national ‘jobs’ problem, I will no longer buy anything that is not made in America. If they want me to buy their ‘great value’ products then tell the manufacturer to put his name on it and tell where it is made!

• myprivatebrand Sep 13, 2011 at 8:47 pm - Reply

The vast majority of packaged goods sold in the US by both national brands and private brands are manufactured in the US. Do not assume that the branding or name of the company has anything to do with who manufactured the product or where it is manufactured. Many national brands are manufactured by third parties to the national brands specifications.
        If you truly want to protect American jobs give up big boxes all together and go to your local farmers market, dairy, seamstress or locally owned restaurant.
        Otherwise you could well be putting the hardworking Americans who make Great Value milk, potato chips or cookies out of work.

17. Yung Twenti Sep 12, 2009 at 6:24 pm - Reply

Not only it is the ugliest packaging ever, I am personally embarrassed to have it in my basket or on my shelves at home. I regularly buy generics that save my family money, but whoever (at Walmart) let this packaging hit the shelves should be pink slipped asap. This is probably what is wrong with Walmart right now. That means that if they pass this along as their idea of what works in the marketplace, there are bound to be other decisions they are making that equally poor. Wake up Walmart, before you are replaced by the next Gibsons, etc…

18. Steve Sep 26, 2009 at 2:05 am - Reply

You get what you pay for, I bought great value trash bags, you can’t even tell where to pull the bags open to use them, I don’t have a minute’s time to open a trash bag to use.
    “great” value.

19. Jen Oct 1, 2009 at 12:26 pm - Reply

How interesting. I don’t grocery shop a whole lot at Walmart but did last night. I noticed this new labeling for Great Value but did not link it to the old Great Value. I saw it as more of a generic brand therefore, I did not buy any of it. It wasn’t until speaking with a coworker today that I realized it was just different packaging for the original label. I will buy some of it now but I wonder if others will also shy away from it and mistake it for a more generic and inferior product.

20. Daniel Holmes Oct 9, 2009 at 8:27 pm - Reply

I enjoy the great Value in GV products, however the new packaging is a real turn off. It screams I am cheap and now I look cheap. I am actually self conscious of the products in my cart. Looks worse than Kroger cost cutters, I almost wonder if the National brands are not subsidizing the change. Makes you wonder who the rocket scientist is that dreamed this stupid move up! I have been in retail for 40 years and it is hard for me to imagine a giant like Walmart would even consider going generic. The old packaging was comforting! Dan

21. rea scott Oct 9, 2009 at 9:44 pm - Reply

I personally like the white packaging. I am an artist and have a good eye for color. I think some people remember their grandparents or parents getting food commodities with simple white packaging and relate this to poor circumstances or quality. Not so. My favorite bread is the Great Value brand. It is not gummy and makes nice crispy toast. Hate the so called dough conditioner that “name brands” put in. Well that is my opinion and I think it goes a long way toward the comments , many things we relate to are subconcious. Go well all.

• dallasnewsgirl Nov 23, 2009 at 6:33 pm - Reply

I, too, am an artist. Spend 16 years in the industry in major markets. If you feel this is good package design, I would not have hired you. Nothing is good about this package design.

• Myprivatebrand Nov 23, 2009 at 8:47 pm - Reply

dallasnewsgirl,
        I make no claims to being an artist, nor do I state in this post whether the Great Value design is good or bad or whether I personally like it, read through some more of my posts on the subject and you may discover the answer.
        Thanks
        Christopher

22. charles Oct 15, 2009 at 12:28 pm - Reply

dear wal mart thanks for having more great value products i like all of your products but can yall come out with some 100% pure pomegrante juice? i drink this every day for my health and would really like to see a cheaper product it goes for
    $3.96 at wal mart right now thanks for your products and a reply would be appreciated oh and i love the english muffins low in salt good for my health.. sincerely charles ashmore

23. IRch, Russ Nov 4, 2009 at 10:17 pm - Reply

I hate the new label. I have not purchased any thing that goes into my mouth or body. I did buy some zip lock bags and clorox but that is all. I won’t eat any of it, as it just screams CHEAP QUALITY and knowing much of it was reformulated, it makes me thing that all the quality is not gone and they make it worse not better. NOPE I won’t buy any of it any more, it just looks creepy and tasteless. I used to buy some of the GV Cottage Cheese, but now it is just white with COTTAGE CHEESE on it. Who wantes to eat that???? No me. It bugs me so much that I hardly go to Walmart any longer I just go to Kroger.

24. Deborah Nov 15, 2009 at 8:02 am - Reply

I don’t care what the packaging looks like as long as the products are of good quality. I recently bought the pancake mix and I was skeptical, but the fluffy pancake mix was delicious. In addition, all you add is water.
    I’m sorry for those people worried about the packaging screaming “I’m poor” People, you better stock up your pantries you may just be poor in a year from now.

25. eaglewings1958 Dec 4, 2009 at 10:16 am - Reply

This is about the most stupid packaging I’ve ever seen. Not only is the package terrible, the product is the worst I’ve ever bought. I will pay the extra for name brand to get quality product.

26. Butch Dec 22, 2009 at 10:06 pm - Reply

Who manufactures GV products? Do products come from overseas or are they ALL U.S. manufactured.
    Thanks

• Myprivatebrand Dec 27, 2009 at 9:08 pm - Reply

Great Value is a very large brand with hundreds of skus, I would suggest you contact Walmart if you have specific questions.
      Thanks
      Christopher

27. Hazel Wade Jan 4, 2010 at 8:31 pm - Reply

Well I”ve tried several best value items and I love most of them.They taste very good and are very affordable.I guess the ones out there that still have money can be picky and buy things just because of the brand on it,when you could purchase the same item,just as good,in every way for half the price.Do youre own figuring !

28. Jim Conaway Jan 24, 2010 at 12:13 pm - Reply

The product that effects me is the Trail Mix. The old Sam’s Choice packaging was very nice. I find it embarrassing to put the new Great Value package in my cart. They also changed the peanuts. They are now long, hard and have no flavor. My favorite Walmart product has been ruined.

29. Kathy Feb 23, 2010 at 12:55 pm - Reply

I purchase a box of Grape flavored Great Value fitness drink mix from Walmart open the package only to find it was clear no flavor. Inspecting the box there is no information on the box to call in a complaint.

• myprivatebrand Feb 23, 2010 at 11:10 pm - Reply

Kathy
      I am not affiliated with Walmart I suggest you contact them directly.
      Thanks

30. djp Feb 27, 2010 at 2:57 pm - Reply

What really worries me about internal brands, in this case Great Value, is that the consumer doesn’t know exactly where the actual product was made and who really made it. This is a HUGE disservice to consumers. The FDA needs to mandate in-store branders to note on the package who made the product. How helpful is it to see “packaged for walmart stores” on the label? Not very.

• Linda Sanders May 15, 2010 at 11:25 am - Reply

This is exactly what I’m concerned about. What country was each product
      canned or packaged? This GV brand could end up like out childrens’ toys
      or worse!

• myprivatebrand May 15, 2010 at 1:22 pm - Reply

Linda
        I can certainly appreciate your concern however I do not have access country of origin or country of manufacture information. In addition to that foreign manufacture is not necessarily a sign of inferior quality. In fact many countries have long histories of of quality food export. Italian cheeses, french wine, belgium chocolate, japanese soy, etc. In fact many national brand are manufactured by numerous different facilities in numerous countries. Thr real questions here is trust not manufacturing location

31. Jim Scoble Mar 4, 2010 at 5:50 pm - Reply

I have noticed,as have others, that the “NEW and IMPROVED products have now ended up in smaller containers.WALMART has shaved a couple of ounces out of many products

32. Christoph Dollis Mar 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm - Reply

Yesterday I bought two Walmart Great Value brand products for the first time ever.

I think the concept is going to work.

It’s a far better brand concept than, “Equate” which has never, ever appealed to me.

If I think about it long enough I finally realize they’re saying that it “Equate’s” to what I was buying before, for less money, but then I have to do the mental calculations.

Simple packaging with “Great Value” on it was enough to make me try it. The price was better and I’m eating as we speak.

For the cream cheese anyway, taste-test approved.

P.S. Yes, I thought the packaging was ugly. Yes, I bought it anyway. Yes, my impression of the brand is good now and the packaging looks just fine in my fridge. Mission accomplished.

33. Lisa May 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm - Reply

Could you give us a list of where the food products are made, I like alot of their products but would like to only have them made here in the USA.

• myprivatebrand May 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm - Reply

Lisa
      If you are interested in where the products are made you will need to contact Walmart. I do not have access to that information nor is it a subject of this blog
      Thanks

34. rita Jul 14, 2010 at 8:05 am - Reply

I do not know how to contact GREAT VALUE, so perhaps you can pass this on. I bought a 28 oz. of dishwashing liquid. I find the bottle is very poorly designed for a womans hand to pick up. It is just too “fat” of a diameter. I consider myself fairly average, 5’4″. 135 lbs. I am sorry I bought it and would love to throw it away but am not that wasteful. It has a poorly designed caps that lets some liquid run down the side of the bottle and if it is wet it takes both hands to pick it up and third hand(which I don’t have) to open it. I can hardly wait to go back to my pamolive or dawn. The soap is fine, but I need to retain a bottle of the other brand so I CAN PICK THE DARN THING UP. It must have designed by a man.

• myprivatebrand Jul 14, 2010 at 8:14 pm - Reply

Rita
      I have a number of Walmart readers I will pass your comment along.
      Thanks

35. rita Jul 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm - Reply

THANK YOU, MY PRIVATEBRAND, I appreciate you doing that

36. Irchr Jul 27, 2010 at 12:01 am - Reply

I still haven’t eaten any thing from these vile packages. I just can’t bring my self to test them. I have no confidence in the quality of the products in these ghostly packages. From what I have seen , they really are the products of the disadvantaged. I watch to see who has them in their carts and it seems that only people on severe budgets buy them. Rarely do I see them in the carts of people with average incomes or above. Yes this is a biased view, but it is my view and I still won’t buy it. It just reeks MADE IN CHINA, and logically I know it isn’t, but still no deal.

37. Rikki Oct 11, 2010 at 12:16 pm - Reply

Some of you make me want to laugh. You are not going to buy the product because it looks ugly? Never mind the fact that it is cheap and it taste good. Have you thought that yes it may be ugly packaging, but it cost less to print? Not as much color = cheaper printing/packaging. Cheaper printing/packaging = lower prices.
    Are you really that worried that people will think you poor? She you gasp have this new design on your shelf or in your cart. My goodness!!! You were buying it before does a change in design really make that much difference. It was Great Value on your shelf and in your basket before and it still is.
    I am not loyal to one brand or another. I shop for the cheapest price so if a National brand is cheaper I buy it, if Great Value is cheaper I buy it. It’s all about saving money.

38. JMDL Oct 18, 2010 at 8:03 pm - Reply

Great value brand from Walmart is an excellent choice for anyone trying to save a little here and there. To tell you the truth, even if I were rich I would still buy most of food goods from GV. Its quite simple, the food tastes just as good and sometimes better than any “name brand”. Take for example GV orange juice, its excellent, it rivals tropicana in every way. The cookies, chocolate milk, chips and even the tea bags are worth switching perminately to great value in my book and I have done so, well done Walmart!

39. Victoria Nov 16, 2010 at 10:15 am - Reply

We buy Great Value whenever possible. The best deal is the Great Value powdered milk. It tastes better than Carnation’s powdered milk hands-down!

40. Francis LaForest Apr 28, 2011 at 1:26 pm - Reply

several months ago I purchased some great value frozen pizzas called Philly steak and cheese. They were the best frozen pizza I ever had eaten, but I cannot find them in any store in my locale. Have they been discontinued? If not where can they be found.

41. Joan Womack May 3, 2011 at 8:25 am - Reply

I have been trying to find Great Value’s apple soft drink mix. I used to buy it at Walmart in Puerto Rico.

Please advise, thank you

42. Alphonso Sep 19, 2011 at 8:30 am - Reply

Hello Manufacturers of Great Value drink Mix,

I love the following flavors: Cherry: 07874207754, Blueberry Acai: 078742073606, Raspberry Lemonade: 078742026336. However, I do not like the Kiwi Strawberry: 078742077123 because there is not enough flavor when I use a .09 FL 0Z of water, and your directions indicate that I can use 16.9 fl 0Z of water with one packet. Using the amount of contains that I provided, I can not appreciate the satisfaction from drinking a Kiwi Strawberry drink mix packet, even when I use less water than you indicated. Until I see some type of “new” or “more flavor” indicated on the product found at Walmart,I will consider discontinuing using this product.

Sincerely,
    Alphonso

43. jan Nov 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm - Reply

love your new toilet paper. The best for least. Don’t change it!

44. Sherry Dec 7, 2011 at 6:37 pm - Reply

I bought the Great Value orange scent Dishwasher Gel with food Dissolving Action…. It doesn’t work at all,, It leaves white gross stuff all over my dishes..

45. anmol Dec 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm - Reply

there is lots of stuff which i really dont like it.but the most important thing i want to tell is whenever i bought the gv vrand sugar,there is always small pieces of stones i have found in it ..so i am trying not to get anymore Gv brand stuff..pay little bit more and get better stuff

46. Pamela P Apr 11, 2012 at 11:47 pm - Reply

What happened to the great value apple drink mix?? Where do I find more information on this drink, and where can I purchase it? Thank you in advance for your time.

Pamela

47. Angel Phillips Jun 9, 2012 at 10:09 am - Reply

Walmart is no longer carrying your fudgecycles is there anyway I can buy them online?

• myprivatebrand Jun 10, 2012 at 7:31 am - Reply

This site reports on retailers and the brands they own, it does not sell or manufacture a product. I recommend you ask they question to Walmart
      Thanks

48. jANE Oct 23, 2012 at 11:39 am - Reply

I love Great Value products. I am making a price list and comparing prices and that saves me money everytime with choosing GV. I have two daughters in college and I have to make every penny count. Most of my cart each time is filled with GV products. I wish GV would have a campaign once or twice a year if you save your receipts and they indicate so much purchased of GV products you get a one or two time bonus to have a voucher for free GV products. Sort of like
    rebating with GV products. This would be great since loyalty is number one in making profits for Walmart. Wish Walmart had GV loyalty cards. A wonderful profitmaking plan. Thanks for GV prducts.

49. jANE Oct 23, 2012 at 11:42 am - Reply

GV packaging does not scream poor, it screams smart and frugal and a good shopper. The packaging is easy to find. I love it. Also name brand products waste money on labels, etc. that are colored and end up in the trash anyway. I hope GV is out there for a long , long time. Only one product once had some old coconut in it other than that I have been pleased with all GV products I have purchased,.

50. Rebekah Lang Oct 26, 2013 at 1:26 pm - Reply

I bought some crushed red pepper the other day and it was the Great Value brand. I used it a couple times and it tasted good, but then I looked at the picture on the label. On it it said Crushed Red Pepper and the picture by it was of a red bell pepper. I thought that was really weird and unprofessional as crushed red pepper is not made of bell peppers. They have the wrong pepper on the label!!!

51. myprivatebrand Mar 18, 2009 at 8:46 pm - Reply

Thanks for the comment, I hope the comments are professional and address, Walmart’s Private Brand Strategy, the new package design or a similar business issue. This should not be simply an opportunity to attack Walmart.

52. myprivatebrand Mar 20, 2009 at 2:28 pm - Reply

Which photo would you like to use?

53. myprivatebrand Apr 15, 2009 at 8:23 pm - Reply

My understanding is that if it is in new packaging it has been quality tested and it either met the standards or was reformulated

54. Myprivatebrand Sep 3, 2009 at 12:21 pm - Reply

Thanks for the comment, I simply report on Privte Brand and am in no way affiliated with Walmart or Great Value. I suggest that you contact Walmart directly and express these concerns.

%d bloggers like this: